We have an event to attend every 5 years, and this is the host hotel. Well its was 2007 when we were last there, and its been all downhill since then apparently. The front exterior still looks great and the lobby area is smart, but that's where it ends. The rest of the hotel is in severe need of refurbishment. On our first night, we had great problems using the key card to get into our room, the light blinked green but door would not open. So took a long trek to front desk only to be told the locks were old, and gradually being replaced! I asked if this was the best they could do for a platinum member. They put it on the list of things to fix and I have to say the following day, and for the rest of the stay the door worked. The rooms are tired and very dated - the beds were firm and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was supposed to start at 6.30 am, but at 6.45, still not ready...and the food needed to be hotter. The bar is a joke and the barmaid, an embarrassment. She was incredibly slow, rude to the customers and talked incessantly to anyone who would listen about her hard life. Of the 6 beers on tap - 2 they were out of and the remaining ones tasted watery. The only food eaten here was a club sandwich - pretty hard to ruin that - wrong!
All in all there have to be better/newer places in town (they still charge upmarket prices - $120 on a group rate) Oh yes and as others have mentioned access is awkward to to the traffic pattern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leesburg at Historic Carradoc Hall is a unique hotel attached to a stately 1747 mansion home, conveniently located just two miles from Downtown Leesburg s historic district and 12 miles from the Dulles International Airport . This charming hotel offers complimentary high speed wireless and wired Internet access and expanded cable pay per view movies in all of our 122 guest rooms. Experience the area's local attractions: Balls Bluff and other Civil War Battlefields , Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Smithsonian museums, and historic Morven Park. Local companies in the area include: Verizon, Telos, the National Conference Center and Xerox Training Center . The 3 Oaks Restaurant at this Leesburg hotel provides a warm and wonderful atmosphere for dining, and Kids Eat Free! . Stay in shape by working out in our fitness center or swimming laps in our seasonal pool. Pets are welcome! Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and meet at The Holiday Inn Leesburg. We offer a relaxed, comfortable setting that is conducive to successful and productive meetings . With Five banquet rooms our hotel is also an ideal location for weddings, reunions, receptions, banquets and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn