“Past its prime” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn in Leesburg

You added Clarion Inn in Leesburg to your Saves list
Clarion Inn in Leesburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 East Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176 (Formerly Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
WA, USA
“Past its prime”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have an event to attend every 5 years, and this is the host hotel. Well its was 2007 when we were last there, and its been all downhill since then apparently. The front exterior still looks great and the lobby area is smart, but that's where it ends. The rest of the hotel is in severe need of refurbishment. On our first night, we had great problems using the key card to get into our room, the light blinked green but door would not open. So took a long trek to front desk only to be told the locks were old, and gradually being replaced! I asked if this was the best they could do for a platinum member. They put it on the list of things to fix and I have to say the following day, and for the rest of the stay the door worked. The rooms are tired and very dated - the beds were firm and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was supposed to start at 6.30 am, but at 6.45, still not ready...and the food needed to be hotter. The bar is a joke and the barmaid, an embarrassment. She was incredibly slow, rude to the customers and talked incessantly to anyone who would listen about her hard life. Of the 6 beers on tap - 2 they were out of and the remaining ones tasted watery. The only food eaten here was a club sandwich - pretty hard to ruin that - wrong!
All in all there have to be better/newer places in town (they still charge upmarket prices - $120 on a group rate) Oh yes and as others have mentioned access is awkward to to the traffic pattern.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn in Leesburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear snoopy_lh,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip and to attend conference at another venue. This hotel has a lot of potential - historic location, some nice staff, close to outlet mall etc. However, I found my overall stay was not particularly nice. The room was generous in size and the bed comfortable - but had an odour and I couldn't open the window wide enough to air it. There was no refridgerator to store drinks or snacks. As stated by other contributors, the breakfast left a lot to be desired. I'm lucky I had a car as it is impossible to walk to anything, even to get across the highway to the supermarket and shops. I don't think I would stay here again....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Clarion Inn in Leesburg, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn, Leesburg at Historic Carradoc Hall . I appreciate your candid comments and will share them with my team as we strive to improve our guests experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail, I am available at (703) 771-9200 extension 422. I look forward to hearing from you.

David Brooks
Lancaster, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

First of all, this hotel was very hard to find even with my GPS. Even after I found it and left for work, it is a hassle to get back to it with the way the roads are in the area. I saw the HI Sign as I passed it twice, but this property doesn't look like your typical Holiday Inn. It is an older property that from what I was told sits on an old plantation and still has part of the old mansion there that houses the restaurant and an Indian Restaurant that I never visited. I did have breakfast one morning in the restaurant. I had the buffet which was decent but the food could have been a lot warmer. My room was very clean even though it is what some would call outdated, but I thought the hotel just had some of the old charm. The furnishings were all nice and the bed was very comfortable. Wi-Fi usually had a great reception. If I were in this area again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words. I am glad your enjoyed your stay at our unique property, I will share your comments with our entire team so we may continue to improve.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I did not have a rental car and was only staying here prior to a conference at another hotel. The Holiday Inn had free local transportation and airport pickup which was good.

Breakfast at the hotel was only average at best, dirty linens on the tables and so so service.

The room was OK, paint on the toilet seat was worn off, and over all the room could use updating.

Staff was friendly but would not stay here again. Move a few minutes away to the Lansdowne Resort, very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Clarion Inn in Leesburg, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further at your earliest convenience.
Boonsboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in years, but this one was convenient to a concert at Wolftrap Va. Compared to the hotels closer to Reston and Dulless, the price was outstanding. It also had a reasturant & lounge and room service for breakfast. Was pleasantly surprised at how nice our room was, had everyting a traveler would want. Room and bath very clean, and bed comfortable. The hotel was very quiet although there where a lot of cars in the parking lot. Would not hesitate to recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked our daughter's wedding reception back in February. Over the 6 months leading up to the wedding, Michelle Stanley, the events coordinator, could not have been more pleasant to work with. She and her staff were very accommodating in every possible way. Due to our personal budget limits, the chef was even willing to work with us on our menu to keep it within our price range. On the actual BIG DAY, we could not have been more pleased with the extra touches that Michelle Stanley added to make the cake table, sweetheart table, and entrance hallway tie in with the wedding party colors. It all looked spectacular with the fine table and chair linens, colorful table toppers and chair bows, and the layout of the food was displayed very tastefully. There were no hidden costs, no last minute disappointments...quite the contrary, only welcomed surprises and added attention to detail on the part of the Holiday Inn staff. We also had out-of-town family stay here for the occasion and were very pleased with their accommodations. I would highly recommend this venue for your special occasion!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family came to Leesburg to attend a wedding,and we chose to stay to this hotel. I love the historic view of the mansion house.The hotel staff are most friendly.To start with the frontdesk staff,upon check in we were greeted by a smile and a cheerful greeting by the receptionist.Frances is very informative,professional and a good charm at the frontdesk.She was able to answer my questions within the area and able to provide what we need including directions,she assisted my mom pushing her wheelchair around the hotel since we are using the lift for our luggage.And that is PRICELESS!!Rooms are clean and nice.The hotel's interior design is amazing and the lobby is so comfortable to stay. The outdoor pool is nice and the restaurant is fine.The hotel is just 5 minutes away to the Outlets and restaurants are just nearby too.I will recommend this hotel because of the staff's professionalism,friendliness,cleanliness and very accesible to shopping malls and restaurants. We love this hotel and we will definitely go back here. I feel safe and home with the staff and with the hotel and ammenities as well.Good Job Holiday inn!!!! See you again. It was really a home away from home!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Aloft Dulles Airport North

Been to Clarion Inn in Leesburg? Share your experiences!