“Happy Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Leesburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Leesburg
Days Inn Leesburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   721 East Market Street, US 7 & US 15 Bypass, Leesburg, VA 20175   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Northern Virginia
“Happy Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

The reviews I had read for this hotel said it was a bit sketchy. I was expecting a not so great experience. What a shock to see a nice, well kept up hotel. The room itself was in top shape and the room was one of the cleanest I have been in during the last year. Do not hesitate to stay here.

• Liked — It was clean and the place was well kept up. The front dest person was friendly.
  • Disliked — They didn't have hair conditioner. Not a big deal.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moncks Corner, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

The front desk staff were EXTREMELY rude, unprofessional and argumentative. I had booked my reservation online with a credit card and when I arrived and wanted to pay in cash, my credit card was charged anyway. I had to fight witht he front desk staff to have the charges voided. The 3 people at the front desk (including someone who introduced herself as the Assistant Manager) didn't seem to understand English or the fact I was paying in cash. After all that frustration in the first 20 minutes at this hotel, I checked out and stayed elsewhere.
The building is old and inneed of renovation. Room was barely adequate. No microwave, No fridge and NO pool. For a few extra dollars you can stay in a nicer hotel with these essential amenities.

• Liked — ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Disliked — Horrible customer service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I got to stay at the Days Inn in Leesburg, VA for one quick night on business. I had hoped for a nicer place, but I'm not picky, and this hotel was decent.

The location of the hotel was great, with good restaurants and cars within a couple of miles. I ended up eating at a place called Johnson's Beef House down the street, and the steak was the best part of the trip.

There wasn't anything that really stood out about this place, from the checkin, to the walk to the room. The front desk employee was short and curt, but he advised me about the aforementioned restaurant and changed me to a smoking room, so he couldn't be too bad.

Nothing too fancy to say about this one unfortunately; the TV worked, the internet worked, the room was clean, and the bed was decent.

• Liked — Location near good restaurants and nightlife
  • Disliked — Curt tone by the front desk guy, but he suggested a good restaurant
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

I needed a hotel to stay at in Leesburg and booked the Days Inn mainly because it was the cheapest place to stay in Leesburg. I figured I couldn't go wrong because I know Leesburg is quite a nice quiet town. I was wrong. The hotel is just downright seedy. There seem to be shady looking folks lurking around who I don't even believe to be guests of the hotel. The entire hotel reeks of cigarette smoke even though there is non-smoking as well. The rooms are dirty, including the bed linens and towels. I felt so uncomfortable and gross staying there...and itchy too. I guess I got what I paid for. Next time I won't be cheap and stay here, and I have to give that advice to everyone...don't stay here. I know it is cheap but just spend those extra few bucks to get a decent not seedy place.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — pretty much everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2006

Seedy looking inside, room was in disrepair, linens not clean.

• Liked — other hotels were booked
  • Disliked — dirty & ugly
  • Tips/Secrets — reserve for Leesburg in advance
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fullerton, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2005

We were visiting relatives in Leesburg, and this place was very convenient and low-priced. Being from California, we are really used to a non-smoking environment, and all the smoking in Virginia was difficult for us. We had a non-smoking room, but there was an internal hallway that just reeked of smoke. The rooms were not well sound-proofed, and we could hear everyone moving past our room at all hours. They re-keyed all of the rooms while we were there, and the only way we found out was when we couldn't get into our room. Overall, we felt that we got what we paid for, and next time we'll splurge and move up to a better place.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Days Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!