Let's say you're travelling with a pet (on short notice) in Leesburg. You look around for an affordable, reasonably located place to stay... Days Inn comes up on your search... you think, "National Chain. Probably OK." You have never been so wrong. Breathing in the rancid smoke and cloying rose-flavored roomspray, you try to keep your chin up in the 'reception area.' You still pay $90/night (about $90 too much), and get your key. Despite the unappetizing fumes and dankness, you think, "It's alright. I'm sure the room is fine." You wrestle with the broken handle on an institutional hallway door, wade through a cloud of dense, smokey, hallway air, and find your room.
Still unreasonably expecting some kind of oasis from the exterior nastiness, you are once again accosted by the grossness within. On the upside, things are functional. The door locks (and you want to lock that sucker promptly.) The hairdryer blows enough to dry your eyebrows after maybe 10 mins... but there's a warning sticker on the dryer that reads "this product contains lead, known by the state of CA to cause cancer and birth defects. Wash hands thoroughly after use." Not reassuring. There's black mold in the bathroom, and drippy fluid stains on the box-spring cover. The lamps omit a hauntingly tarnished yellow glow. You immediately race to the window to release some of the musty fumes... but upon opening it, the entire, 40-lb pane comes launching out at you. You teeter around the room, swaying awkwardly with the pane in your arms, and manage to set it down on the damp carpet. Below your window is a strewing of beer cans and trash. You don't know why the carpet is wet, but maybe it's a precautionary measure to keep the room from igniting when guests extinguish their cigarettes on the bedspread. You seriously consider sleeping in your car, because the parking lot is much less sketchy and much more sanitary than the room.
In the positives category: there is an ice machine. There used to be a pool, but they filled it with dirt and put a few trees in it. There is also a soda machine. But may I recommend buying a soda at any gas station and car camping instead. You will save money on the room AND on all the laundry you'll have to do when you check out of this place, smelling like a dirty ashtray.
Sorry, Days Inn. I gave it a shot. I won't do it again.
If you absolutely MUST stay here... and you are willing, after this description... do NOT accept a s...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.