“No issues that were not resolved.” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Leesburg
Save Saved
You added Days Inn Leesburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Leesburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   721 East Market Street, US 7 & US 15 Bypass, Leesburg, VA 20175   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“No issues that were not resolved.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I never thought that I would stay in a Days Inn again after a really poor experience that was never resolved in a hotel in Columbus Ohio, fairgrounds. I gave in and booked my room here with much apprehension. When we first arrived I was disappointed that there were no luggage dollies to help move our gear into the room. But the fact that I was on the first floor, it was not a huge issue. There was an odd odor to the first floor hall, but I adjusted and it was no longer offensive the longer I was there. We entered our room, and it was no better nor worse than I had expected. However when I turned on the heating unit, there was the most FOUL odor emitted from the vent! I fumbled to turn the unit off, and opened the window to circulate some fresh air, with-out success. I reluctantly, went to the front desk just to ask for fans, air fresheners or something. They were nice enough to move our room, but to the second floor, which was going to be a fair sized inconvenience, however the front desk clerk did offer to help us move, and did! The second room, was fine, I checked the vent prior to us unpacking our things!
Kudos to the clerk for seeing to accommodate us. JUST PLEASE do not rent out room 108 without fixing that air vent/heating unit! I will still not prefer to stay at a Days Inn from my past experience with overcharge and lack of service,that was never resolved. But this stay was fine. I was pleased with the service given, and I was able to communicate with the folks OK to help resolve an issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Checked in late and was very tired rooms were Damp, Dirty, smelled like mildew and mold, signs of bed bugs, when I checked out the next morning and mde a compliant to the clerk all she said was "Oh I'm sorry you didn't say anything last night" I said it was late and she had no response for me other then well theres an 800# you can call if your not happy. I was was disgusted at the treatment and will never stay at a Days Inn ever again.

Room Tip: if you walk into a hotel and it smells like mold and mildew in the Lobby, turn around and leave
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As other posters have said, the only reason to stay in this hotel is if all other hotel options are booked. We were forced into this situation on a recent busy weekend, and our experience reflects what many others have posted.

While we were not expecting anything fancy, our room was partially flooded and there were carpet dryers right outside our room trying to dry a flood from the rooms across the hall. There was also a dehumidifier in our room that had not been emptied. Older, dated rooms are fine, but we expect the rooms to be CLEAN and DRY. Our beds were infested with fleas and we both have numerous, painful and itchy bites all over our body. There also did not seem to be any internet connection in our room, contrary to what was advertised.

Certain members of the front desk, including the manager, were extremely rude and unhelpful. In this case, we left a belonging in the room and had to make two phone calls, along with a return visit, in order to retrieve the item. We were lied to about who would be able to pick up the item, when it would be able to be picked up, and the whereabouts of the item. We were also lied to about the whereabouts of the manager during this ordeal, and given a significant amount of "attitude," for lack of a better word, before they finally handed over our belonging.

The treatment we received was appalling and the staff and rooms were of very poor quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

When I booked my room here it was 5 months before my actual event and no other places in the area had rooms available (now I know why.) When I pulled into the place, what I saw was not the pretty picture that you see on the website. It was run down, decrepit, weeds everywhere, trash, and broken down cars in the parking lot. I was in town for a memorial service and to me, the place was just depressing. I suppose the rooms were clean enough (I looked at mine) and the rest of my party did stay on here but no one really wanted to spend any time. There is a Comfort Suites right around the corner that had one open room available - I took it and stayed there. The proprietress started to give me a hard time about the reservation but I was resolute. She ended up charging me for one night (okay) but she wasn't nice about it. I really don't recommend this place unless you just need a stop-over to sleep while on your way to another destination.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

We checked in with pets and we told them upfront, we were told that it would cost $330 for 7 days 6 nights including the fees. We had to check out 2 nights early and when I proceeded to check out - they said the previous amount was incorrect and didn't include the pet fees which were $200. So they literally we not only lied to but the rooms were old, stinky and gross.
Overall I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I am willing to post signs around this town saying just that.

• Stayed April 2012
Frostburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

First off-you are allowed to smoke in this hotel and have pets, which is fine if they tell you but they dont. The smell in the hotel was so disgusting it smelled like carpet fresh including the rooms the floors were wet and there was a blower in the middle of the floor in the hall of the rooms to dry out the carpet . And my blanket had cigarette holes in it. The tv's are old also. The lady at the front desk was so rude and told us we had to pay $6.00 extra for another person (we were 3) and I did tell them that when I registered so I refused to pay it. Also I was told I could go to another hotel if I wanted to. REALLY?? I was told I couldnt cancel because it was a prepaid room and she said well you can I will allow it she was so nasty but by then we were on our way to a wedding and time was not on our side. Horrible customer service Hotel needs ALOT of work. When I called about the wet floor I was told they had alot of rain?
I could go on forever but STAY AWAY Days Inn Franchise should be ashamed

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. The room was old, damp, dirty and smelled, I had to purchase a can of Febreeze to try and make it bearable and that did not even help. There was a cricket in the room chirping all night and when I asked the front desk to have someone look under the night stand as that is where the sound was coming from, they told me it was to be expected out in the "country". That is about as far from the country as you can get. I normally would not have stayed there but the Comfort Suites and the Hampton were already booked for the weekend. Next time I will change my plans before I ever stay there again. Absolutely disgusting!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!