“A little piece of Deutschland here in Leesburg” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Salem, Massachusetts
“A little piece of Deutschland here in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I met in Germany. Imagine our delightful surprise to discover the Döner Bistro. It brought us right back to the cuisine we enjoyed back then. Reasonably priced, deliciously prepared, and offering an outstanding beer selection.

The beer garden - their outdoor seating section -- has authentic festival tables & benches and German eclectic radio via satellite playing overhead.

We sampled a variety of their menu; falafels were small and full of flavor. The brot mit brochen was excellent. The potato pancakes with applesauce were well prepared. The salad was absolutely as I remember in Germany (that is to say lots of iceberg lettuce, small pieces of tomato, diced red onions, too much feta to try to cover everything else, and some tasty tzatziki on the side. The pomme frites were tasty. The beer was outstanding.

Oh yes, we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Waterford, VA
“Variety in Leesburg, Yay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We LOVE the Doener! You'd never expect German Turkish food in Leesburg, VA - almost feel like you're in the middle of Munich. My favorite is the classic Doener sandwich - lots of yummy garlicy yogurt sauce, but the Bratwurst, Curry dogs (? name?) and everything is good here. We love the fries too! Great alternative to fast food. Order at counter and they deliver. Wonderful European beer selections as well. Small establishment but they have added a bigger dining area w cool wooden tables in the past few years. GO, you won't be sorry! Here's a cute story about their restaurant & its beginnings: http://www.doener-usa.com/about.html

Visited February 2012
West Virginia
“yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

just a little bit out of the ordinary from the run of the mill stuff around this area - hard to find unique places to have a tasty quick meal - love the french fries too

Visited May 2011
Philadelphia
“Great authentic german restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I grew up in Germany and since moving to the US a decade ago, i'm always in the hunt of good german food in the US... and i finally found one that meets my standard. I'll recommend the Doener Kebab and Curry wurst. They were delicious and most authentic german food i've tried so far in the east coast (and I've tried many already!). I've posted pictures of the food from Doener Bistro on my food blog. You can check it out here if you're interested:

I will definitely come back when i'm in the area!

Visited February 2012
Pennsylvania
“Danke! Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Brings back memories of German-Turkish fast food. Thanks for putting this place on the map and please open more in other cities. The food was pretty authentic and since I like the German-Turkish mix of food, I was happy. Excellent a varied beer selection, pretty friendly staff and good details such as the beer garden furniture.

Visited July 2011