“Nice wait staff, terrible food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Pasadena, Maryland
“Nice wait staff, terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were tired and hungry from a long drive and needed some good food. We were greeted by a woman who seemed to be annoyed that we came and dared to ask about how Bonanza worked since we had not dined there before. Once we ordered and sat down, we went to the food bar (trough) to get our dinner. The buffet food was barely edible. The steak we ordered was the only edible food there. The wait staff was extremely friendly and the only thing that would have made the evening better is if we got it for free. Lorne Green would be rolling over in his grave for this place to be named Bonanza.

Visited July 2013

lebanon va
“ribeyes have gotten bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The last 4 times my ribeyes have been awful with too much gristle....unbelievable. I have loved eating steak there but not any more. I have complained but apparently Tim is ignoring it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“They lost my future business.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food was fair and the salad bar a complete nightmare with dropped food surrounding each item. It looked as if no one had maintained it for hours. However, our waitress was friendly and accommodating.

Once we left, I realized a stone fell out of my ring during our visit. Our waitress went out of her way to help me find it, to no avail. She recommended I call the next day to see if they found it. The person who answered my call two days later asked another employee if it was found. I heard her yelling in the background, "That lady has called every night this week!!!"
It was the only time I called. I didn't appreciate the rudeness or lack of professionalism on her part and let the girl who answered know I heard what the other girl said in the background.
I won't be eating there again, and her manager will be notified of her behavior towards patrons.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“It is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

There is not much to eat in Lebanon. Our hotel clerk told us about Bonanza Steakhouse. It is like a Golden Corral but you have to pick your main course. They have a salad bar and a bar with some sides and other meat on it and also a dessert bar. It was ok. They cooked my wife's steak wrong twice but mine was ok. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

Visited April 2013
Abingdon, Virginia
“Very pleasantly supprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Let me start by saying I am not a person that normally likes this type of dining. The buffet is not my idea. I had the Grilled Prime rib and a salad off the bar. Let me say the quality and taste of the food surpassed many places I pay double the price for. My wife who does not care for buffet dining also ate off the hot bar and said everything was good. They needed to be a little quicker on the cleaning of tables but we did eat at an odd time (maybe the staff was low). I will not only not hesitate to eat there again I will look to go there when I get the opportunity.

• Visited December 2012