“Had no idea this was a chain because it doesn't feel like one.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in King George
Reedville, Virginia
“Had no idea this was a chain because it doesn't feel like one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have eaten here probably 6 times in the past year and had no idea it was a chain. Everything feels like a home town restaurant including the service. Food has been excellent on each trip. It has always been hot, fresh, and quickly served. We will be coming back many times.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

catgrrl
“Pretty good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We've been to Vinny's several times in the past few months and have always had good service and good food! My husband & son typically get pizza and wings. I've had the tilapia which is VERY flavorful - it's on angel hair pasta with a red pepper sauce with shrimp. I had the salmon which was also tasty. The salad you can add to your meal is very good. They bring you bread upon request which often consists of both garlic breadsticks and garlic bread. Both of them are too bland in my opinion, but that wouldn't keep me from returning. The only other menu item I wasn't crazy about was the Italian Wedding soup. It was kinda bland with a very strong chicken broth flavor. Maybe it's just not my kinda soup! Their steak in cheese was really good and their fries and onion rings are well seasoned and crisp. The eggplant rollantini was also pretty good - the eggplant's breading wasn't my favorite but overall the dish was good & had lots of cheese. My son's kids' meal hamburger was surprisingly big & juicy!
I'll also mention that the waitresses are always very nice. The restaurant has some TVs just no sound turned on. They also serve beer & wine.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great food for a chain...really”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Vinny's is a good Italian joint for sure. It is a small chain so I didn't give it a top rating, but the food is along the line with family owned Italian places. I've eaten there dozens of times and have no problem returning. I generally visit their Ferry Farm location. The staff is a bit young and there seems to be a lot of turnover so sometimes the staff is a little slow on the draw concerning ingredients, etc, but they are friendly and eager to serve well. I enjoy the chicken caccitore although they make it with breasts and I like a whole cut up chicken in it. Their sauces are well prepared and not canned tasting at all. My wife loves their ravioli and (can't spell it) tiramisu.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
King George, Virginia, United States
“Best restaurant in King George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've never had a bad experience at Vinny's. The food is always good, as well as the atmosphere and the service. They have the best calzones around, and great pizza, pasta dinners, salads, etc.

• Visited December 2013