I have never felt more like a VIP than at Keswick! My husband and I booked through American Express' Fine Hotels & Resorts program, which was an incredibly easy process, and the staff at Keswick were so helpful even before we arrived with information and recommendations on meals and booking spa appointments. We booked a balcony room, hoping for nice weather, and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a gorgeous junior suite. (Other perks through AMEX were a $100 resort credit and breakfast, we paid a few dollars more for room service breakfast but totally worth it to enjoy our suite a few more moments!) We were celebrating both a birthday and anniversary, having found out about the property when it was an Orient Express property on our honeymoon at another Orient Express property. We were treated to a lovely bottle of champagne which we enjoyed on the spacious terrace of our suite, overlooking both the Blue Ridge Mountains and the resort's vineyard. Perfection! Lisa Duke and her team were so accommodating and could not have been more welcoming. Everyone called me by name which was so sweet every time I walked through the lobby. We were also treated to a fabulous tour by Victoria Castelli the resort historian and author of a book about the history of Keswick Hall. We had lunch at the Palmer Room deck which was so nice, we loved the Bloody Mary/Mimosa bar, such a cute touch. We had dinner at Fossett's and again, amazing service, atmosphere, and food. The following day I had a fabulous massage at the spa. The spa decor is definitely from the Laura Ashley days but it was cute and while it isn't a destination spa with lots of amenities, you can use the Club amenities, sauna, etc if you wish. Lunch at Villa Crawford was really lovely too, the service was not as great as our other meals but the buffet was one of the best I have had. I am already dying to go back to this property! We also enjoyed the Horizon pool which was a little chilly for me but still so fun. I liked that they restrict kids to the club pool which is nice for a parent/adult getaway. We only left the property to visit Keswick Vineyards up the road which is a nice little spot for wine tasting if you don't want to drive too far from the resort. I think Sir Ashley would be quite proud that his legacy is living on through the new owners and staff in making guests feel like they are staying at someone's country estate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Keswick Hall, a grand Italianate villa surrounded by a breathtaking 600 acre estate. Nestled in the rolling hills of Virginia's hunt country, bordering Charlottesville and the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains, is a location best described by Mr Thomas Jefferson as "The Eden of the United States." With 48 unique and elegantly appointed guest rooms, relaxing spacious lounging areas with wood burning fireplaces, expansive terraces sharing unparalleled views, an abundance of sporting activities available, award-winning cuisine; makes this luxurious and inviting mansion truly the ultimate home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick