“Unique! A lovely step back into the past.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hope and Glory Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Irvington
Hope and Glory Inn
You added Hope and Glory Inn to your Saves list
65 Tavern Road, Irvington, VA 22480   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Irvington B&B and Inns
Midlothian, Virginia
“Unique! A lovely step back into the past.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A few years ago my husband and I were given a gift certificate to Hope and Glory for our anniversary from our very thoughtful daughter. We reciprocated by taking her back there last Saturday for her birthday. It is often stated that the best compliment is imitation. The first time we stayed at Hope and Glory my husband and I stayed in a beautiful suite in the main house. It was just charming. The attention to detail is perfect. The Inn is squeaky clean. Make sure that you get sent to detention. Don't ask, just go and see for yourself. Peggy and Dudley have vision, and superb taste in everything that is classy, yet understated. The operative word is "relax"....and we did.

This next time, we stayed in one of the cottages because we brought our two small dogs. This was cottage 4. Perfect for our 2 small dogs, and 3 adults. Looks like a doll house. Yes, physically the Inn is just beautiful, but what adds to the beauty are the staff. Peggy and Dudley are like family (good family). Meseret is just fabulous. I truly believe that she is the Martha Stewart of Irvington. Thanks for putting up with our constant changes! She feels like an old friend. We all hope to return many times more. Oh, the dinner was outstanding!, breakfast yummy, and the cruise on the creek, just plain relaxing. Go once and you will be smitten by the desire to return again and again.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are charming and give you the option of using the living room etc. You can do that with...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Again, what a treat! This was our second time at Hope and Glory celebrating our birthdays, and the second time around was just as special as the first. Sorry we missed Peggy and Dudley, but the Inn is in great hands with Meseret Crockett. She is such a gracious hostess and is always ready to help in any way. Chef Ann Kirkmeyer delivered such an array of great meals, we were always in awe as to what the next course might be. Can't wait for her cookbook to come out. The staff assisting both Meseret and Ann were equally superb, ready to help make our stay as pleasant as possible. Managed to visit the "tent cottages" and pool area and had a wine tasting at the Dog and Oyster Vineyard this time. Hope and Glory is a special place that allows it's visitors and guests to really relax, regroup and be refreshed whether you're in your own cottage (our favorites), at a gracious meal of out of this world cuisine, or "in Detention" for being naughty! We look forward to our next visit. --jim & patsy mcgroarty

Room Tip: While the main house rooms look bright, colorful and cheery, our favorites are the cottages in the c...
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just returned from our second stay at Hope & Glory. We are already planning our next visit.
Not only is the Inn delightful but the employees can't be helpful enough. Meseret Crockett
is a ray of sunshine and an asset to the inn.

The unique decorating, excellent food and great owners make this a one of a kind place to stay.

I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in a cottage in the "back yard" of the Hope and Glory Inn for two nights. We had plenty of space, a big, comfortable bed, sitting area, fire place (not needed in August!), a daybed with our own bath. It was adorable! Shabby chic furnishings and well done. I am not a fan of bed and breakfast establishments (don't like talking to strangers in the morning and answering all those obvious questions) and was concerned that this small inn would be akin to a b and b. It was not. Breakfast was served in the courtyard each morning - at well spaced, separate tables and everyone kept to themselves. Delicious breakfast and good coffee! The inn is located immediately adjacent to the location of the Farmer's Market which is ideal on the first Saturday of the month. The town has a number of small retail businesses with a nice selection of merchandise. The owners are very nice, not intrusive, and are striving to give their guests a reprieve from the stress of city life - they succeed! Oh, and the bar is called "Detention" since the property is a former school house. How can you not love that! I would definetly stay here over the Tides Inn - smaller, more intimate and more fun.

Room Tip: Staying in a cottage in the courtyard is quite fun and includes an outdoor shower and garden area wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Such a charming stay at Hope and Glory. This place is so enchanting. The food was excellent, the private outdoor shower is fun, the bikes were wonderful for touring this wonderful area, beds and rooms were great and loved the secluded pool in the woods. Every since I saw this place in a magazine, it was on my bucket list and it was better than portrayed. All wonderful hosts for your every wish; just ask.

Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying here multiple times. We love it. The pool is peaceful. The winery is awesome. The gourmet chef cooks delicious dinners. Breakfast is scrumptious. The cocktail cruise is fun. The crab cruise is a blast. Very relaxing and peaceful. Perfect place to disconnect in order to reconnect...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

In early August I escaped to Hope and Glory for a 4-day (Friday–Monday) mini vacation between busy periods at work. No kids, no husband, no email; just a stack of books and a few glasses of wine. It was wonderful! The staff was so helpful, the food was tremendous. The beds were comfortable, and the massages...pure bliss. I may make this an annual affair, but I think I'll change one thing. I think I'll have my family join me for the weekend. I missed them too much.
BTW, the dinner I had at Hope and Glory was far superior than the meal I had down the road at the Tides. The staff were also far more friendly and obliging. I had looked at the Tides for my getaway. I am so very glad they were booked.

Room Tip: I was travelling solo and had the blue room with the claw-foot tub. It worked for one. I think the o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hope and Glory Inn? Share your experiences!