“Among the top Virginia wineries IMHO” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Virginia Beach, VA
29 attraction reviews
“Among the top Virginia wineries IMHO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our first time tasting wine from Rappahannock Cellars and we were impressed. Delicious! We purchased several bottles and will be looking for it at a wine shop near our home. The tasting room is very comfortable, and the facility is available for rentals. Wonderful visit and we will return if we're in the region again.

Visited June 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We drove up from Luray to Rappahannock Cellars. What a wonderful place. The tasting was handled by Annie, who knows her wines. Purchased a bottle of their Cabernet Franc that impressed wine-tasting friends when we returned home. Very much enjoyed it and recommend the place and the wine.

Visited May 2014
Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent Wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We found this winery by accident on our way to Washington VA - What a great find - love the Port Wine with chocolate! YUM. We will be back again soon.

Visited May 2014
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Love this Winery!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were in town staying the weekend at a B&B, the Chef recommended we stop in here. Well we were not disappointed. It is a family owned and run business, and it shows because the staff create a very laid back at home feeling. Not to mention the dogs that greeted us, I have seen that at a couple other wineries and I always love it when they have dogs that so sweet and laid back. Their wines selection was great, the tasting was very well done. I left with a bottle of Rose for my mom, a bottle of their awesome Port for myself, and a white and a red for the B&B and my fellow guests! Will keep an eye out to see if anyone around my way carries their wine, but if not I think we might have to make another trip!!!

Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Top Notch Wine, Top Notch Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

From the gorgeous rolling vineyards, to the rustic barn, to the high end member accommodations and friendly staff. You are almost guaranteed to completely pinch yourself to see if you are actually IN Virginia. This winery offers some of the best wine made in the Commonwealth and East Coast for that matter, with a wide array of Chardonnay, Viognier, Cabernet Franc, Meritage (my favorite), Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Virginia Cab), Port style dessert wine (great to pair with a nice cigar on the back deck), and Solera. The Delmare family has deep roots in farming and working with vineyards and it translates from the California wine industry they had a grip on years back to their outstanding Virginia venture. Be sure to grab a cheese plate, or ask for an order of Allan's flat bread (with plum sauce, truffled oil, and gourmet cheese) and pair it with pretty much any of their wines. My recommendation is you MUST try the Meritage or Chardonnay or Chardonnay-Viognier blend...The staff is friendly and the wine club is unlike any wineclub I have ever seen. Inquire about the benefits of the club, after all it's a minimal price to pay for the advantages of belonging to a club run by the most dedicated family in the industry. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Visited April 2014