“Love this Winery!!” 5 of 5 stars

Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Love this Winery!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were in town staying the weekend at a B&B, the Chef recommended we stop in here. Well we were not disappointed. It is a family owned and run business, and it shows because the staff create a very laid back at home feeling. Not to mention the dogs that greeted us, I have seen that at a couple other wineries and I always love it when they have dogs that so sweet and laid back. Their wines selection was great, the tasting was very well done. I left with a bottle of Rose for my mom, a bottle of their awesome Port for myself, and a white and a red for the B&B and my fellow guests! Will keep an eye out to see if anyone around my way carries their wine, but if not I think we might have to make another trip!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“Top Notch Wine, Top Notch Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

From the gorgeous rolling vineyards, to the rustic barn, to the high end member accommodations and friendly staff. You are almost guaranteed to completely pinch yourself to see if you are actually IN Virginia. This winery offers some of the best wine made in the Commonwealth and East Coast for that matter, with a wide array of Chardonnay, Viognier, Cabernet Franc, Meritage (my favorite), Cabernet Sauvignon (Great Virginia Cab), Port style dessert wine (great to pair with a nice cigar on the back deck), and Solera. The Delmare family has deep roots in farming and working with vineyards and it translates from the California wine industry they had a grip on years back to their outstanding Virginia venture. Be sure to grab a cheese plate, or ask for an order of Allan's flat bread (with plum sauce, truffled oil, and gourmet cheese) and pair it with pretty much any of their wines. My recommendation is you MUST try the Meritage or Chardonnay or Chardonnay-Viognier blend...The staff is friendly and the wine club is unlike any wineclub I have ever seen. Inquire about the benefits of the club, after all it's a minimal price to pay for the advantages of belonging to a club run by the most dedicated family in the industry. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“wine tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We really enjoyed chatting with family talking about the wines, excellent wines, delicious , very nice venue, great place to take friends and generous!

Burke, Virginia
“A superb VA wine experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been many times and each time the staff was exceptional. The wines are great, we even joined the wine club. The members only section is really nice and also they have a great area for enjoying food you've brought with the wine you've purchased. Views are super. Love the place, but love the people more. Indoor and outdoor spaces. it's my favorite winery in VA.

Visited February 2014
Middletown, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
“Only winery where we like all of the wines offered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We liked all of the wines so much we joined the wine club. And dropped our 4 other memberships elsewhere. Nice facilities. Nice staff. Very enjoyable.