“Incredible place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marriott Ranch Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hume
The Marriott Ranch Bed and Breakfast
5305 Marriott Lane, Hume, VA 22639   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hume B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Incredible place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for two nights. We had a fabulous time! The staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was amazing, rooms were clean and comfortable...absolutely no complaints about this place. I can't say enough nice things about it. It's a great escape with great wineries in the area and only about 45 minutes from Shenandoah National Park. There's also horseback riding on the ranch, which I did on a separate day trip the year before staying here. I recommend it as a weekend getaway to everyone I know. Looking forward to going back again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I cannot say enough about the royal treatment we received at the Marriott Ranch for our daughter's wedding. Louise Ramsey and the staff there could not have been more accommodating to us and made the entire weekend such a pleasure. Our every need was met. The setting was absolutely beautiful and the wedding was incredible. I highly recommend visiting the ranch and, if you're planning a wedding, you couldn't pick a more perfect place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I really like the history of this place. It was actually built by James Marshall, not John Marshall as one reviewer stated. James was the brother of John Marshall. Our room had it own bathroom and working wood fireplace. We were greeted with wine and cheese. The place has wifi and satellite TV if needed. The property is really nice with live cattle and horses. It is a working farm. They offer activities like horseback riding, plus the access so some good wineries plus breakfast was included. The restaurants are a bit of a hike, but the Plains offer some nice ones. If you are looking to escape to a quiet and beautiful place where you can have a bottle of wine and watch the sun set over the mountains and then go up and light a fireplace in your room, this is it. Not all the rooms have king beds or fireplaces, so keep that in mind. The room and house was very clean and the staff was very nice. Lots of options for staying here. There are three different styles of rooms: Manor rooms (Inn like), Carriage House (hotel like rooms next to the manor) and the Baroness cottage down from the manor which can be rented by itself or it has a few rooms.

Room Tip: Loved the Morris room because of the King bed, fireplace and bathroom in the room. All the Manor ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Not much to do around the ranch but that is the point. Stop at a winery, take a bottle to the ranch, sit on the deck and watch the sun set. Fabulous breakfast in the morning too!! Go back every few years.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
suburban washington d.c.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This house with 10 rooms was built in 1877 by John Marshall, first Chief Justice. It has been renovated (ac, heat, plumbing) and sits on 4200 acres of gorgeous land. This is a working farm with cattle; horses are available to ride on trails. When we checked in, no one offered to help with bags. The room was charming, but no individual temp. controls. Free wine & hors d'oeuvres are from 4:00-6:00. At 4:25, the hostess was just beginning to gather things to put out. Wine, cheeese, fruit. Guests mingle over drinks. There was a young couple just married the previous day; another, a woman travelling alone, and another couple in their late 40's early 50's who were clearly in the smitten stage of their dating. Although there were 14' ceilings and a working fireplace (no wood), the bathroom was TINY. The woman who showed us to the room explained there was also a communal bathroom down the hall. We were descending the staircase; I spotted a decorative tea pot on the windowsill which I thought might be Italian, so I carefully turned it over to see. I then heard a woman bark up the stairs at me CAN I HELP YOU??? I said no, everything's fine.

With 7 people drinking wine, and only 1-1/2 bottles offered, we asked for more. Dirty looks were exchanged between staff. Long story short - the staff was kibbitzing and begrudgly set out a minimal amount of wine (mediocre).

This is the part that I find inexcusable: With an extremely large dining room for the full breakfast, Only ONE table was set. This forced us all to sit together to eat! Fine, I didn't mind the cocktail hour thing, but the smitten couple sat at a table and were told to move. The newlyweds wanted to eat alone; c'mon staff, this is laziness at its most severe. We ecountered all kinds of rude behavior, except from Whitney, with whom we made reservations.
She was helpful. For the $385 chaps and chardonnay package (including visits to 3 wineries, one of which was closed on Mondays - and we wwere there on Monday). I would never go back, and we are Marriott Gold level members. If you don't like people, don't work in a B&B!!!

Room Tip: Insist on something healthy for breakfast. We were offered pastries, and stuffed french toast. Carbs...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I miss it already! The folks at the ranch were so helpful and friendly it felt like home, but it was Hume! You won't find a more beautiful setting in the states, it was acre after acre of lush rolling green hills scattered with cows and horses. A weekend away was totally restorative. My only suggestion would be to mow the grass several days before an outdoor wedding, not the day before if possible. I feel badly for the people to had to clean up the grass out of our room after us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dusseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our trip was wonderful and the staff incredible! The lady who helped with our reservation (Whitney I think was her name) was knowledgable and made me feel like she truly cared about our comfort and safety as we were going to be arriving late and driving quite a ways. Check in was fast and the staff ready to take care of anything we asked. Did I mention how beautiful everything was? The cottage was lovely and the breakfast delicious. They even printed out maps for us to get into Washington, D.C. We will most definately stay here again should we come this way.

A must to stay at if you are in the area!
Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful - Marriott got it right with this place.

Room Tip: The Cottage was lovely.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Marriott Ranch Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!