“Best of everything you could want” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
7402 Sam Snead Hwy, Hot Springs, VA 24445   |
Special Offer
AUGUST MID-WEEK SPECIAL
Ranked #1 of 2 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Best of everything you could want”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary trip to the Vine. Jo and Jonah were wonderful hosts, and made our stay very comfortable. Breakfasts were exceptional. Plenty of food to get you ready for a day of hiking on the wonderful trails in the surrounding state and national parks. The praline syrup/sauce on the french toast was out of this world! They also are gracious with drinks and snacks for the duration of your stay without the aggravation of extra charges.

They also made sure we knew where all the best spots in and around town were located. It was better than concierge service at any hotel we've every stayed at. This was our first visit to this part of the country, and we've definitely been captivated by the experience. We will be returning!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have shared bathrooms. If you're hung up on the idea of your own bath you wil...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Swanquarter, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My mom, sisters and I booked Vine Cottage Inn B&B for a Mother's Day weekend getaway! Wow! It didn't take us long to realize we'd picked the perfect place. Everything about our weekend getaway was even better than we'd imagined! The location was great, just down from Homestead and near wonderful restaurant--The Country Café (recommended by innkeepers). Jefferson Pools only 8 miles away. The home itself is spacious, inviting, spotless and very accommodating. The rooms were large, well appointed, and the sheets extra comfy.

The best part of our stay had to be the amount/degree of incredible hospitality bestowed upon us by Jo and Jonah (the innkeepers). We all instantly had a connection with Jo's warm inviting witty character. She and Jonah both made us feel like we were home and wouldn't let us lift a finger. They insisted we celebrate "motherhood" and rest/relaxation the whole weekend. With their magical sweet way, they made us feel extra special like we were their "favorite" guest ever! We left the place feeling like we had two new friends in the Va. mountains! I told my sisters this meant they both had a true knack for what they did in showing guest the perfect B&B experience.

As other reviewers have said, the breakfast "experience" (how else can I describe it?) at the Vine Cottage Inn is top notch! I highly recommend taking a tub soak and enjoying the in-room robes. Lounging on the gorgeous plant filled porch was a highlight to us as well. Jo will give you all kinds of gardening and cooking tips to boot! Jonah will tell you all the places to see and things to do!

Both Jo and Jonah are both very talented and genuinely wonderful people. Their love for their guest and what they do is reflected in the Vine Cottage Inn. You won't regret a moment of your stay here. We truly enjoyed our time their and cannot wait to go back! Can't imagine staying anywhere else while in the Hot Springs area. Highly recommended...best B&B I've ever stayed in hands down!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I loved staying here! The breakfast was amazing-- especially the scones. I couldn't stop raving about them and Jo gave me several extras from breakfast. I shared them with everyone I could!

The one thing that I didn't love was the fact that the doors only lock from the inside. But I got to know some of the other guests quite well actually and it was fine. Also, the road leading up the mountain is a little twisty but that's no reflection on the B&B, obviously.

At any rate, great overall experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We drove to Hot Springs for a wedding at The Homestead. We liked the idea of a more intimate lodging than the huge hotel, though all the wedding events were scheduled there. On checking in, Jonah immediately assured us we could put the car keys away and let Homestead shuttles take us back and forth...parking at the hotel became a non-issue. That left us to enjoy our busy social times in the stately ambiance of the hotel and the relaxing down-time in our cozy 3rd floor king-sized back room at the Inn. Jo and Jonah are the quintessential hosts...Jo prepares a hearty breakfast which Jonah serves with a 'good morning' smile...all of which we enjoyed while meeting our fellow guests each morning around the big dining room table. No problem with calories since we were 2 flights of stairs away from our home base! The snack room with its drinks and snacks available any time was a nice touch for those late night munchies before bedtime. We would definitely stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a great time at Vine Cottage. The rooms are spotless and the beds are comfortable.
It is a spacious beautiful home. It is so nicely decorated. The breakfasts are delicious and in generous portions. We met some great people during breakfasts and made some friends. There are some snacks and drinks available. My daughters enjoyed the numerous books and games in the house. We had a relaxing family time. This is a great choice if you want to head to Hot Springs. It is less than half the price of Homestead and we had an excellent vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The innkeepers are the nicest people you could ever meet. I have stayed there three times and each was comfortable, and convenient to many activities in the area. It is very clean and has everything you need for a relaxing evening that is a home away from home. Great owners, great rooms, great price but most of all great hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

so, my husband and I were in hot springs for a wedding at the homestead.
no reason to stay there, we knew, too pricy. too over the top.
we found vine cottage inn on line and for about $99/night and loved it. we had a bigger breakfast than I could eat and the kind of room my family used to rent at ocean city, maryland 40 years ago--soft sheets, those chenille bedspreads, no tv in the room-thank god, the kind of creaky quiet of an old house, several beds in one room (which is perfect because my husband and I almost always need a second bed in the middle of the night for spill-over reading.)
the artist part of this is that I'm a draw-er so while my husband took a nap on Friday afternoon, I headed to the front porch with my sketch pad. Jonah came out with information about a plein air gathering in hot springs in September. so--I'll add that and another stay at the inn to my plans for the fall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!