“Wedding at The Homestead” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
You added Vine Cottage Inn to your Saves list
7402 Sam Snead Hwy, Hot Springs, VA 24445   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Oxford, Mississippi
“Wedding at The Homestead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We drove to Hot Springs for a wedding at The Homestead. We liked the idea of a more intimate lodging than the huge hotel, though all the wedding events were scheduled there. On checking in, Jonah immediately assured us we could put the car keys away and let Homestead shuttles take us back and forth...parking at the hotel became a non-issue. That left us to enjoy our busy social times in the stately ambiance of the hotel and the relaxing down-time in our cozy 3rd floor king-sized back room at the Inn. Jo and Jonah are the quintessential hosts...Jo prepares a hearty breakfast which Jonah serves with a 'good morning' smile...all of which we enjoyed while meeting our fellow guests each morning around the big dining room table. No problem with calories since we were 2 flights of stairs away from our home base! The snack room with its drinks and snacks available any time was a nice touch for those late night munchies before bedtime. We would definitely stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a great time at Vine Cottage. The rooms are spotless and the beds are comfortable.
It is a spacious beautiful home. It is so nicely decorated. The breakfasts are delicious and in generous portions. We met some great people during breakfasts and made some friends. There are some snacks and drinks available. My daughters enjoyed the numerous books and games in the house. We had a relaxing family time. This is a great choice if you want to head to Hot Springs. It is less than half the price of Homestead and we had an excellent vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The innkeepers are the nicest people you could ever meet. I have stayed there three times and each was comfortable, and convenient to many activities in the area. It is very clean and has everything you need for a relaxing evening that is a home away from home. Great owners, great rooms, great price but most of all great hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

so, my husband and I were in hot springs for a wedding at the homestead.
no reason to stay there, we knew, too pricy. too over the top.
we found vine cottage inn on line and for about $99/night and loved it. we had a bigger breakfast than I could eat and the kind of room my family used to rent at ocean city, maryland 40 years ago--soft sheets, those chenille bedspreads, no tv in the room-thank god, the kind of creaky quiet of an old house, several beds in one room (which is perfect because my husband and I almost always need a second bed in the middle of the night for spill-over reading.)
the artist part of this is that I'm a draw-er so while my husband took a nap on Friday afternoon, I headed to the front porch with my sketch pad. Jonah came out with information about a plein air gathering in hot springs in September. so--I'll add that and another stay at the inn to my plans for the fall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

On our 4 week road trip from Lexington to New York City, I think this was our most enjoyable stay. The service was great, the rooms were cute and the whole feel of the place was pretty idyllic. The most incredible moment of our stay was when we were reading on the veranda - the rain dripping through the trees, fireflies in lighting the darkness – and a fawn ran up the veranda stairs and straight over to our couches. As travellers from Australia, that was an incredible moment.
We loved the Hot Springs/Warm Springs area, especially the Jefferson Baths, and I would recommend the area for a nice getaway, and The Vine as a good base.
We stayed on the top floor up several flights of stairs, so if stairs are a concern for you, you might want to check your options with the owners.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were going to be in the area for a funeral and found The Vine Cottage Inn on line. The Homestead sounded a little pricy so we picked this place. What an Excellent choice it was! The place is cute, warm and spotless. The Inn and its' rooms are exactly as they appear on their website. After walking around The Homestead (for Free lol) we noticed that The Vine Cottage Inn is actually in better repair and cleaner than it (The Homestead) is! In defense of The Homestead, the Omni Hotel chain has recently purchased it and apparently has plans to take it up a notch... Jo and Jonah, the owners, provided a wonderful experience - do not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My father and I brought our gondola to the Homestead Hotel for a convention. The director of the convention put us up for two nights at the Vine Cottage Inn. I am not much of a B&B person but had such a wonderful experience there.

The owners Jo & Jonah welcomed us. Showed us where we could make coffee and gave us our room. The room was large, warm and very clean. We worked that night and the next day at the Homestead which is practically on the same block.

Whenever we went back to the Vine Cottage Inn we felt right at home. Jo has food available whenever we wanted it and fresh coffee. My father dropped the gondola on his foot and was hurting. Jo offered some fresh vegetable soup and homemade bread which she put on a tray and gave me to take to my dad. It was just what he needed. She is so kind and warm. A truly nice person.

The shower there was great. It was one of the big heads that soak you all over. It is set up in a tub with the cloth around it. I am not a big fan of those but after working all night and day I had to use it. It was fantastic. The soaps they offered did not dry out my skin and the water pressure was perfect. So warm and relaxing. I did not want to get out. There was plenty of hot water and tons of fresh linens. There was even one of those nice thick towel robes in the closet but I did not use them.

I also want to add that the people in Virginia are crazy nice. I mean really, genuine and kind. When my dad smashed up his foot the doctor told us where we could get a good meal and than joined us for a beer. Lucky for us the hospital was down the street less than a mile.

Ill just summarize that the Vine Cottage Inn made me like B&B's. I know some of them can be smelly and annoying but this one is GREAT!!!!!! Seriously above anything the highest end hotel can offer. Worth every penny (even though it was included in our deal with the Homestead so I don't know what the cost was) because you are in a lovely, non-smelly, clean place.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING you did for my dad and me.

Friends
Mike Novack Jr Port Townsend WA
Mike Novack Sr Clifton NJ

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!