“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
You added Vine Cottage Inn to your Saves list
7402 Sam Snead Hwy, Hot Springs, VA 24445   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My father and I brought our gondola to the Homestead Hotel for a convention. The director of the convention put us up for two nights at the Vine Cottage Inn. I am not much of a B&B person but had such a wonderful experience there.

The owners Jo & Jonah welcomed us. Showed us where we could make coffee and gave us our room. The room was large, warm and very clean. We worked that night and the next day at the Homestead which is practically on the same block.

Whenever we went back to the Vine Cottage Inn we felt right at home. Jo has food available whenever we wanted it and fresh coffee. My father dropped the gondola on his foot and was hurting. Jo offered some fresh vegetable soup and homemade bread which she put on a tray and gave me to take to my dad. It was just what he needed. She is so kind and warm. A truly nice person.

The shower there was great. It was one of the big heads that soak you all over. It is set up in a tub with the cloth around it. I am not a big fan of those but after working all night and day I had to use it. It was fantastic. The soaps they offered did not dry out my skin and the water pressure was perfect. So warm and relaxing. I did not want to get out. There was plenty of hot water and tons of fresh linens. There was even one of those nice thick towel robes in the closet but I did not use them.

I also want to add that the people in Virginia are crazy nice. I mean really, genuine and kind. When my dad smashed up his foot the doctor told us where we could get a good meal and than joined us for a beer. Lucky for us the hospital was down the street less than a mile.

Ill just summarize that the Vine Cottage Inn made me like B&B's. I know some of them can be smelly and annoying but this one is GREAT!!!!!! Seriously above anything the highest end hotel can offer. Worth every penny (even though it was included in our deal with the Homestead so I don't know what the cost was) because you are in a lovely, non-smelly, clean place.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING you did for my dad and me.

Friends
Mike Novack Jr Port Townsend WA
Mike Novack Sr Clifton NJ

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Please stay here! The Vine Cottage Inn is located right next to the Homestead for half the price! You can enjoy all of what the Homestead has to offer while staying in a much more personable and peaceful environment. Jo & Jonah are the sweetest couple who will take fantastic care of you. Not to mention, the breakfast is to die for! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed January 2014
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed three nights this month in this lovely Inn. Jo and Jonah are truly wonderful hosts and Jo's breakfasts are to die for. While not so elaborate as I understand the buffet is at the Homestead, they are beautifully plated, good selection and quite filling. The sitting room was lovely with a cozy fireplace. The dining room is simply beautiful. The Inn was decorated for the holidays and that just made the place more special. The beds are very comfortable and I slept well each night. The bedrooms are on the second and third floors of the Inn. I got plenty of exercise walking up and down the stairs, and believe me, that was a good thing! We had planned to be there only two nights, but icy weather descended on us the last day and we stayed the third night. Jo and Jonah had planned to leave for a family trip as well, so our party of four had the Inn to ourselves the last night. Jo fixed yet another wonderful breakfast for us the next morning, even though they weren't planning to have guests. Thanks so much to Jo and Jonah for a delightful, memorable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night prior to checking into The Homestead. I had tried to book a room a few days before, but they were full. Someone cancelled and we lucked out. The view of the home from the outside is gorgeous. Once inside, the common areas were as cozy and comfortable as could be. We met Jo and Jonah, the innkeepers, and adored them immediately. We felt right at home right away. Since we hadn't planned on staying at Vine, we were not able to let them know about our dietary requests beforehand (I am vegan and my husband vegetarian). But I asked Jo if she might be able to accommodate us, and she graciously did so. I had an absolutely delicious vegan breakfast the next morning! One example of how wonderful the innkeepers are...I forgot to bring conditioner for my hair, so Jonah went out that evening while we were away at dinner and bought me some. After dinner that evening, we read our books in front of the fireplace which was heaven. Then upstairs for a long, hot bubble bath. Our room (#14) was perfect--beautiful old hardwoods, antiques, king bed, sitting area, great bathroom with a huge claw foot tub, and fantastic spa-quality bath amenities. Very clean. Plush towels, robes, and best of all, hands-down the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The feel of the mattress, the sheets, pillows---indescribably nice. Although the inn was full the night we stayed, we heard not a single noise that night. There was a fan in the closet and since we like white noise, we used it, so that may have helped some. As much as my husband and I love The Homestead, we were a little reluctant to leave the next morning! We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Hot Springs. The accommodations, amenities, food, and comfy cozy feel were exceptional. The wonderful innkeepers, Jo and Johan, were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Jo and Jonah are stellar innkeepers. You can tell that they love every corner of their historic home and extend that love to everyone who walks through the door. There wasn't a second I was there when I didn't feel welcome. The couple has a deep knowledge of all the notable sights in the region and the best eateries as well. They also cook a mean breakfast =)

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We chose to stay here during our trip to the Maple Festival in March and we couldnt have been happier with our choice. Place has a lot of character and charm. The owners are super nice and so accomodating. My favorite thing though had to be the home cooked breakfast served around a big table with all the guests eating together. Will absolutely be back here every March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thanks to Jo and Jonah for your warm hospitality and "delish" breakfast. And thanks for accommodating my peculiar vegie/vegan? dietary requests. My friend and I spent two cozy, comfy nights in your house and loved every minute. We will be back next year and plan on extending our stay by a night or two to take advantage of the surrounding countryside. You might consider offering boxed lunches to those attending the dental meeting as the food at the homestead is "so-so" and your veggie wrap and chicken salad sammie from the coffee shop were scrumptious. See you next year if not sooner!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!