“Lovely historic Inn terrific owners” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
You added Vine Cottage Inn to your Saves list
7402 Sam Snead Hwy, Hot Springs, VA 24445   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Lovely historic Inn terrific owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed three nights this month in this lovely Inn. Jo and Jonah are truly wonderful hosts and Jo's breakfasts are to die for. While not so elaborate as I understand the buffet is at the Homestead, they are beautifully plated, good selection and quite filling. The sitting room was lovely with a cozy fireplace. The dining room is simply beautiful. The Inn was decorated for the holidays and that just made the place more special. The beds are very comfortable and I slept well each night. The bedrooms are on the second and third floors of the Inn. I got plenty of exercise walking up and down the stairs, and believe me, that was a good thing! We had planned to be there only two nights, but icy weather descended on us the last day and we stayed the third night. Jo and Jonah had planned to leave for a family trip as well, so our party of four had the Inn to ourselves the last night. Jo fixed yet another wonderful breakfast for us the next morning, even though they weren't planning to have guests. Thanks so much to Jo and Jonah for a delightful, memorable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night prior to checking into The Homestead. I had tried to book a room a few days before, but they were full. Someone cancelled and we lucked out. The view of the home from the outside is gorgeous. Once inside, the common areas were as cozy and comfortable as could be. We met Jo and Jonah, the innkeepers, and adored them immediately. We felt right at home right away. Since we hadn't planned on staying at Vine, we were not able to let them know about our dietary requests beforehand (I am vegan and my husband vegetarian). But I asked Jo if she might be able to accommodate us, and she graciously did so. I had an absolutely delicious vegan breakfast the next morning! One example of how wonderful the innkeepers are...I forgot to bring conditioner for my hair, so Jonah went out that evening while we were away at dinner and bought me some. After dinner that evening, we read our books in front of the fireplace which was heaven. Then upstairs for a long, hot bubble bath. Our room (#14) was perfect--beautiful old hardwoods, antiques, king bed, sitting area, great bathroom with a huge claw foot tub, and fantastic spa-quality bath amenities. Very clean. Plush towels, robes, and best of all, hands-down the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The feel of the mattress, the sheets, pillows---indescribably nice. Although the inn was full the night we stayed, we heard not a single noise that night. There was a fan in the closet and since we like white noise, we used it, so that may have helped some. As much as my husband and I love The Homestead, we were a little reluctant to leave the next morning! We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Hot Springs. The accommodations, amenities, food, and comfy cozy feel were exceptional. The wonderful innkeepers, Jo and Johan, were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Jo and Jonah are stellar innkeepers. You can tell that they love every corner of their historic home and extend that love to everyone who walks through the door. There wasn't a second I was there when I didn't feel welcome. The couple has a deep knowledge of all the notable sights in the region and the best eateries as well. They also cook a mean breakfast =)

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We chose to stay here during our trip to the Maple Festival in March and we couldnt have been happier with our choice. Place has a lot of character and charm. The owners are super nice and so accomodating. My favorite thing though had to be the home cooked breakfast served around a big table with all the guests eating together. Will absolutely be back here every March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thanks to Jo and Jonah for your warm hospitality and "delish" breakfast. And thanks for accommodating my peculiar vegie/vegan? dietary requests. My friend and I spent two cozy, comfy nights in your house and loved every minute. We will be back next year and plan on extending our stay by a night or two to take advantage of the surrounding countryside. You might consider offering boxed lunches to those attending the dental meeting as the food at the homestead is "so-so" and your veggie wrap and chicken salad sammie from the coffee shop were scrumptious. See you next year if not sooner!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were attending a dental meeting at the Homestead over the weekend, but were unable to get a room at the resort. We called several area B & B's and we were able get a room for all three nights at the Vine Cottage. From the time we walked in the door until the time we left our experience was extremely pleasant and the breakfasts were phenomenal.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 12 as it had it's own bathroom