“Need an Excuse to Go Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
You added Vine Cottage Inn to your Saves list
7402 Sam Snead Hwy, Hot Springs, VA 24445   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Need an Excuse to Go Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Jo and Jonah are stellar innkeepers. You can tell that they love every corner of their historic home and extend that love to everyone who walks through the door. There wasn't a second I was there when I didn't feel welcome. The couple has a deep knowledge of all the notable sights in the region and the best eateries as well. They also cook a mean breakfast =)

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank douglay7

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We chose to stay here during our trip to the Maple Festival in March and we couldnt have been happier with our choice. Place has a lot of character and charm. The owners are super nice and so accomodating. My favorite thing though had to be the home cooked breakfast served around a big table with all the guests eating together. Will absolutely be back here every March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dave E
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thanks to Jo and Jonah for your warm hospitality and "delish" breakfast. And thanks for accommodating my peculiar vegie/vegan? dietary requests. My friend and I spent two cozy, comfy nights in your house and loved every minute. We will be back next year and plan on extending our stay by a night or two to take advantage of the surrounding countryside. You might consider offering boxed lunches to those attending the dental meeting as the food at the homestead is "so-so" and your veggie wrap and chicken salad sammie from the coffee shop were scrumptious. See you next year if not sooner!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank parquoipas
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were attending a dental meeting at the Homestead over the weekend, but were unable to get a room at the resort. We called several area B & B's and we were able get a room for all three nights at the Vine Cottage. From the time we walked in the door until the time we left our experience was extremely pleasant and the breakfasts were phenomenal.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 12 as it had it's own bathroom
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nancy D
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Jo and Jonah are absolutely the finest Innkeepers in the world! They catered to our every whim, from morning til night!!!!
This was my third year playing in the VSGA senior ladies' golf tournament.
They were genuinely interested in my comfort and happiness. They engaged us in conversation upon completion of our day just as if we were their family. They had champagne waiting for our winners each day......who does that???
As I said, they are amazing hosts!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank alysendavid
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a family trip last month and stayed here for one night .(SO sad they were full the next day)It was my first time stay at this style hotel.It make me feel like stay at a comfortble countary home.Warmth and friendly!The bed is better than every hotel that I've ever stayed! I am very sensitive to sheets.I can't sleep well on bad sheets.The vine cottage inn sheets is the most comfortble sheets I've ever slept on.I konw it's cotton.But it really make me feel like sleep on silk.Very soft and smooth.Their home-made breakfast is awesome! Healthy and fresh! My 1 year old son love their fresh honey melon! Will come back next time!They provide bottle water but.I just drink the tap water.It tastes great!No chlorine odor !

Room Tip: I stayed at a corner end room.It is a quiet location.But it is a little bit smaller for family.It is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alice W
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister and I planned a last minute Memorial Day girl's weekend and lucked out when we stumbled upon this gem. Jo and Jonah were both so helpful and welcoming, and breakfast was top notch (fyi - the restaurants around town are disappointing at best). On that note, The Vine Cottage Inn will accommodate special dietary requests, so feel free to mention what you need. The beds were ridiculously comfortable and the room was quiet. In fact, when I saw the note about "let us know if you're interested in these sheets for your own house" I rolled my eyes... but seriously, they are unmatched. Wow. Even my sister who is uncomfortable everywhere slept like a rock. Yay! We were very sad to leave :(

Room Tip: The website lists all of the rooms and gives comments on each. The less expensive rooms with severa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Inn at Gristmill Square
Inn at Gristmill Square
#1 of 5 in Warm Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 160 reviews

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!