“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
Save Saved
You added Vine Cottage Inn to your Saves list
7402 Sam Snead Hwy, Hot Springs, VA 24445   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, North Carolina
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here after two nights at The Homestead courtesy of my husband's work. The Vine Cottage is both lovely and charming. The bed was more comfortable than the one at the resort, and the breakfast was delicious. The innkeepers were incredibly friendly and warm, and it was a pleasure chatting with the other guests over breakfast. We even met the calico cat, and she rolled over so we could pet her! We asked specifically to see the cat, otherwise she would have stayed in the non public area; no worries if you have allergies. In short, we would definitely recommend this to anyone seeking an intimate, cosy experience full of friends you never knew you had and of course, great food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was here in early Spring 2012. I loved it. Then again in the summer. Although it was one of the hottest weekends, the rooms were cool. Each room has a floor fan and the windows are open which makes it a cool breeze blowing in. The rooms are large and very comfortable and most of all , very clean. The front porch is my very favorite. It has many plants on it and a swing and lots of furniture. It is very easy to fall asleep sitting on the porch. The French Toast for breakfast is my very favorite... It is delicious...I will certainly be back...

Room Tip: It really does not matter which room. They are all clean and most of all quiet. If it is summer, I w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first time staying at a bed & breakfast. I was in Hot Springs for a music conference at The Homestead. What a convenience I found at the Vine Cottage, I could leave my car and walk ( 1 block) to the Homestead!
The atmosphere of this bed & breakfast was absolutely charming and gave a warm feeling of home. Jo & Jonah are delighful , making you feel at home. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. I sleep all night!
Breakfast at the Vine Cottage Inn will really make you want to go back. The scones, bacon, apple pancakes with apple cider syrup, etc, one you could not pass or leave any behond. Everyone at the table , cleaned their plates - lol
I did not miss anything at this place. The homestead is very large and nice, however, my place will be the Vine Cottage Inn

Room Tip: I stayed o the 3rd level. Nice size rooms and quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Vine Cottage Inn this past weekend and had a BLAST!The innkeepers were able to tell us where trail heads were, what festivals were going on in town, made a MEAN breakfast, and overall just a great attitude with some witty banter. I would definitely stay there again. This b&b has great character, a nice porch for lounging, and the cleanliness is great as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were skeptical about staying at a B&B for my daughter's wedding. That is no longer the case. Everything was wonderful. We relaxed in rocking chairs on the large front porch upon arrival. We found the Inn to be spotless, comfortable and friendly. Jo and Jonah could not have been more accommodating. We awoke to the scent of fresh baked scones, biscuits, bacon and eggs. The bed was comfortable with extra soft sheets. The shower was warm and relaxing. The rooms were large and inviting. I cannot think of one thing that needed improving. My only regret is that I did not have time to enjoy a bubble bath in the deep tub...next time. Thank you Jo and Jonah for making our first visit to a B&B a memorable one.

Room Tip: Our family filled most of the rooms and there was not one complaint. Half of us were on the 2nd floo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

In addition to the Vine Cottage Inn being a wonderful place to stay, the innkeepers, Jo and Jonah, were the friendliest people I've ever met. Their cooking was incredible and all made from scratch. They catered a BBQ dinner for our group that people are still talking about! This place is a gem in the Hot Springs area and the southern hospitality of the innkeepers and their staff only make it shine that much brighter. You'll be very glad you stayed here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from another wonderfrul and relaxing visit to the Vine Cottage Inn. My husband and I went to Hot Springs for a round of golf at the Cascades and spent the night with Jo and Jonah. The hospitality is first class, rooms are clean and comfortable, and food is delicious. I always look forward to rocking on the front porch and breathing the clean mountain air. I am already looking ahead for an excuse to visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!