“Casual Casino Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Casual Casino Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Probably one of the better places to eat at Homestead. Not a big menu, but well prepared and great service.

Visited June 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful dinner at the Homestead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We ate here on our last night at the Homestead. It was probably our favorite. The hostess was so pleasant when we arrived that we instantly felt right at home. From there, it only got better. The gentleman that served us was outstanding. Upon greeting us, he immediately offered to put the kids orders in so they can get started. I thought this was a great idea and wondered why the others palces didn't offer to do this (again, something I should have asked for). But, since he had a 3 year old himself, he was on top of it. The food was as spectacular as the service. The pizzas they offer.... I would drive back to the Homestead just ot get one. The chef is from Italy, where he began making pizza when he was 15. Now 52, he's got it jsut right. My 5 year old finished her entire pizza! (as I tried to steal my wife's) The chicken fingers, the fries, the sundaes (that came with the kids meals), were all very good. The atmosphere was open and relaxed. And for the price, $40 - $50 cheaper than the other resort restaurants, you really can't beat it.

The only thing I would point out is that if chose to sit outside for dinner, each night they start a fire in the nearby fire pit at 6:45. So pretty much everyone with a reservation between 6 and 7:30 will have to handle the smoke. I like the smell of it, but others might not.

• Visited June 2014