“Yummy Dinner With A View!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Vienna, VA
“Yummy Dinner With A View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

You can dine al fresco or inside with great views (window tables). We stayed inside as a storm was threatening to come in. I enjoyed my salad and tenderloin steak. Both of us also liked the crab bisque. We enjoyed a great view of the back gardens and the mountains as we dined, and service was very good.

Bristow, Virginia
“Great service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Right on the resort through the main lobby. The menu wasn't very extensive, but the food was good. Great place to relax and watch sports in the bar area. Comfy furniture (chairs/couches, small tables).

Fishers, IN
“Good food, reasonable prices-nice views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We sat at a table near the window where we could see the lovely views of the outdoors as well as the large screen TVs. The food was good, the beer/wine selection was very good, and the whole experience was very nice.

Visited December 2013
home
“Good option at the Homestead”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A bit less pricey than other Homestead options and fine for a light meal. Try one of the small plates for an interesting snack/light meal at an affordable price.

Leesburg, Virginia
“We ate at Bar- best place at Homestead”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I ate lunch at the Jefferson Bar and watched the world cup and Wimbledon at the same time. My husband got a burger and I got the Virginian. Both were excellent. The beers on tap were fantastic. We later went there for drinks. I had the Monticello and that was wonderful. The bartender David was very attentive to our needs both times we went and it was fun talking to him and his co-worker about the world cup and tennis.

When we went back for drinks in the evening. It was very busy. My husband and I witnessed something a bit uncomfortable. Zach the manager was loudly discussing with David in front of patrons about David getting a bottle of alcohol from another bar. Zach loudly says from one end of the bar.... to David who is making drinks on the end where we were... Where did this bottle come from? Did you open a new one? ..David tells him that a customer wanted a drink so he went to the lobby bar and retrieved the alcohol he needed to make that drink. Zach replies that you can't do that...meanwhile Zach and David are about 5 ft from each other and everyone at the bar can hear the conversation. Then Zach moves closer to David and David says the customer wanted a certain drink. Zach replies... we are not allowed to take bottles from other bars...David says..who says that..even if it is for a customer?... Zach says, it is policy.. I don't make the rules.

My husband found this conversation interesting. My husband who in his younger days used to be a bar manager at a country club found it interesting that this discussion was occurring in front of all of the customers at the bar. It definitely gave us dinner discussion in a soap opera venue...Did David do the right thing by making the customer happy in spite of policy? I also think David was a new employee and it was clear he was unaware of the policy. What should David had said to the customer... we don't make those drinks at this bar? I don't think that would have gone over well with some of the guests at the Homestead who don't expect the employees to be limited to not walking across the hall. In the conversation, we did not hear Zach offer any alternatives of what David should have told the customer or if David should have got someone ( the manager) to bring a jigger of the alcohol to the jefferson bar? We heard the entire 10-15 min conversation and didn't miss a word... My husband said as a bar manager, he would have had this conversation not behind the bar and not the distance they were talking.

I did not post this to get Zach in trouble. We thought David was wonderful and attentive and visited him twice in one day. We were surprised that we witnessed the conversation and then wondered for a while what was the solution to the problem.