“Great food/ambience (could get pricey)” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food/ambience (could get pricey)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is more of a fancy dinner go-to, but definitely worth checking out. Wait staff is good and so is the food. Probably a little too-fancy for families with really young children. Wait a little bit til they can truly enjoy it.

Visited October 2013

Richmond VA
“Fabulous Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Wonderful service, and great food. Salmon was huge! The wine list is impressive. All the beef is local. The lounge area with fire and TV's were nice for relaxing afterward. Game room downstairs.

Visited September 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Food & Service :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food was very good and priced fairly. It was the waiter who made me smile. Kind, funny, prompt. He brightened a rainy day.

Visited September 2013
Washington, DC
“Food Quality Doesn't Justify the Prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

It seems that the Jefferson is the newest food option at the Homestead. We were there on Saturday 14 September and was not impressed with the quality of service or the food. For a soup I had the yellow tomato gazpacho, which was terrible and I actually sent it back, which is very rare thing for me to. I normally just "make do." In this case, the dish was presented to me with two blobs of something in the bottom of the bowl - one green and one red. The waitress poured some sort of clear liquid in the bowl and then promptly left. Am I to stir this up or just eat it as is? No instructions given. So after stirring up this concoction, I was left with a kind of vegetable broth-like soup (cold, which it should be), but with absolutely nothing that tasted like tomato. I sent it back and ordered the soup that my wife got, which was a corn chowder. That was yummy. My main course was something touted as a "lamb t-bone." When it came out it neither had a bone, nor was it cooked the way that I was told it was going to be cooked. It was very rare and not medium-rare as I was told it was going. At the price for this entree, I was thinking about sending it back again, but at this point, the meal was a loss. On to dessert, which turned out to be another disappointment. We ordered the white peach cobbler. This was overcooked and had no flavor of peaches at all. Matter of fact, I thought it was apple. During the meal we had wines by the glass, but the prices of the wine by the glass were outrageous - one glass of wine that I had, which was just so-so, was almost as much as the bottle of wine that we got at the Inn at Gristmill in Warm Springs the night before. Most of the entrees were in the $40 and higher. If you are going to charge that kind of money, your meals better be spot on. Unfortunately, the Jefferson is not there yet. If I were the Omni management, I would reduce the prices until you get things worked out - I think people would be more forgiving if they paid less for the meal. In the meantime, my suggestion would be to eat out at one of the restaurants in the area or just stay at the Greenbrier, where you are going to pay a little more, but the food and the service is far superior.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Bad food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was gorgeous. However the food took way to long and was over cooked. The waitress was nice however my recommendation is to eat your wine!

• Visited September 2013