“Awesome steak!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Buena Vista, Virginia
“Awesome steak!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We both ordered the steak, which was incredible, but sides were almost non-edible. Roasted veggies are one of my favorites, but these were very rubbery, indicating to me that they had been cooked and then left for a while before being reheated under a heat lamp. :-( Wait staff was okay.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

ohio
“casual, lovely old building, pub type”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The menu was very limited. Ordered and shared a BLT salad and it was very good. The entrée portions were very small, at least what we ordered. The roasted vegetable lasagna was pitiful; the roasted potatoes with the beef tenderloin were the size of an olive and dried up. The tenderloin was good, however. Unfortunately we felt an "attitude" among the hostess and wait staff, which soured the evening.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Irvona, PA
“Laid Back Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We ate at Snead's Tavern on a Friday night. The host asked if we would like to eat outside and, since it was beautiful, we jumped at the chance. Turns out they were having a guitarist playing that evening and he ended up being great. So good that we cancelled our reservations in The Homestead's Main Dining Room for Saturday night and went back to Snead's to hear him again. Two great nights out.

Visited June 2014
“Eating late dinner at Sam Sneads Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just being in the Sam Sneed restaurant was fun we didn't order expensive food. I had fish and chips wife had a burger, friend had the pot pie (excellent) his wife had fish and chips . It was late at night only 8:30 p.m. reservation was available . So be sure to set reservations early in the day as it gets very busy. Our bill was $28.00 plus tip. I would eat their again and this time order the Trout ,their specialty. Fun place full of photo's, trophies, and legendary clubs used by Sam . FYI they keep the tavern closed from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. so be sure to set reservations early at the Homestead Consierge desk (spelling)
Cheers enjoy
Howard Morris
President NEOAHC

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lewisburg, WV
“Poor Service - Bland Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

On our final evening, for our anniversary dinner celebration, we had the worst dining experience. I should have done my research a little better, but I thought Sam Snead's Tavern would have been a little more upscale due to the menu pricing. However, it is just a little hole in the wall bar with no air conditioning and a very loud atmosphere. The tables are so close together that is not comfortable if you are seated near someone else. It's almost as if you and the other table are back to back. The shrimp for the shrimp cocktail were very tough - over steamed, perhaps? My nephew's fish was completely bland that he was drowning it with salt to make up for the lack of flavor. My chicken pot pie and garlic mashed potatoes tasted like paste. No flavor at all. When I told the waitress, she just moaned that I asked her to take it away. After waiting a while for her to return, she started clearing the table and knocked over my nephew's soda all over the table, my dress, and my legs and feet. No apologies were made at all to me - who immediately got up to go to the restroom to clean up - or my family remaining at the table. At this point, I was frustrated and ready to leave. Our anniversary evening was not what I anticipated. My poor niece felt so bad for me that she spoke to the manager who did nothing about our bad experience.

Visited June 2014