“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very quick service, great burgers (I'm gluten free and ordered the low carb burger - just didn't have a bun). Cheap meal!

Visited August 2013

Spotsylvania, Virginia
“"Saved" by Lindsay's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Took a 3 day "grandkids" vacation to the Homestead with their Bed and Breakfast deal. I'd been there many times as a VMEA Convention participate (in November), but never as a regular guest. We arrived on our 1st night with no Homestead reservations for supper and they were not available until late. So we went to Lindsay's. We all enjoyed our meals and it was just like what you would expect in a very small village. We will always include one meal there when we go back to Hot Springs. Staff was just great!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Down Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

So, your staying at the Homestead and you need a grease fix. This is the place! Cold beer, a cheese (American only) burger with grilled onions and a big basket of sweet potato fries. Life should be so simple and satisfying. Expect nothing more or less and it is worth the short drive.

Visited August 2013
Ashland, Virginia
“AMERICANA AT ITS BEST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I describe this place as a "real dive".. a "beer joint".. but you know what... I always leave satisfied with my food and service. It was so hot in there on Monday.. I think the Elvis portrait was sweating but the chicken salad and ice tea cooled me right down. I make at least one visit while staying at The Homestead. Its a good value!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
calhoun, GA
“Homemade deserts and hot fries-yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Have been here several times over the years when visiting the Homestead. The burger was just ok, but I love their hot fries. They are very spicy and very good. I had peanut butter pie for desert and it was amazing. All of their deserts are homemade and their milkshakes are great too. Not much on atmosphere, but if you are looking for good cheap eats near the Homestead, I recommend stopping here.

Visited July 2013