“Amazing!” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Leesburg, Virginia
“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed in the executive suite. The suite was very spacious. Perfect for kids! The kids had loved it. Skiing was the hit. The children have never skied before so they took a lesson. It was not overly priced. The lessons were great. Another hit was being able to go ice skating. In the winter they turn the kids pool into a ice rink. But then you would go in the hut take off your clothes. Jump right into the warm pool. In all the trip for me was very fun.

Visited February 2014

Powhatan, Virginia
“Anniversary weekend with Living Social coupun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to thw Homestead on a LS coupon. It was unseasonable warm at 60 degrees during day and 38 ish night. No matter the slopes still had enough snow to go tubing. It was awesome. I had read prior you had to walk back up the hill to tube. Not so. There is a grab bar an attendant connects to you and your tube that glides you back to the top. We had SO much fun. Our accommodations may have been a bit small but the large walk in closet and fully renovated bath made it all ok. It was very charming and pretty with a king 4 post bed and 2 end tables and a sitting chair. Lrg flat screen and 2 side chairs with table. Lovely. All check in and departure and added necessities were handled with ease with very quick and attentive and super friendly staff.
We had an all day spa experience that was amazing. Started with massages that ended in mineral pool soaking and hot tub jumping betwen the heated pool and back. The spa wa stellar. Steam baths followed by cool vapor mist showers. Tropical storm experimental showers..which is hot to cold..just to warn you. Exhilarating but suprising. Cocoon warm chairs
Unbelievable attentive staff and overall superb. The facility had been taken over by the Omni Resorts and my understanding a 25 million dollar revant went down in spring 2013. I'm under the impression there is more to be done
The Homestead is a jewel. Magnificent history and surrounded by beauty. There is so much to do, for the whole family even. There's a bowling alley and movie theater for the kids! Lots of golf, horse back riding, rifle shooting range, hiking and mountain biking and skiing....on and on. I can nowncall myself a true Virginian having experienced the Homestead. My husband and I will return....with kids this time. Wonderful

Roanoke, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Pricey, Pretty, Lots to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

There is so much to do. I stayed Wednesday & Thursday night. The room was small but cute. I loved tea time at 3-4pm, this was free. They don't have very many options of tea flavors. They also serve little sandwiches and cookies. It was delicious. The staff needs to dust on top of the mantle. The roaring fires were beautiful but they created a lot of dirt that no one was taking care of.
I went snow tubing at the lodge for an hour. It was so much fun. The walk from the ski lodge to the tubing lanes was rough (long, and very deep snow), but it was well worth it.
I went snow mobiling. Because it had just snowed, we took the snow mobiles on the horse trails. 2 staff members went along w/ me and my boyfriend. We each drove our own.
The outdoor pool and hot tub are great. They are beautiful and the perfect temperature. It was beautiful to swim in while it snowed. The bath houses are nice too. There was 2 showers and a swim suit dryer, but I could not find a hair dryer.
I ate 1 meal in the dining room. My total with tax and tip for 2 people was $173. There was a pianiost who played beautifully. There were very few people dining. For about 20 min we were the only people in the dining room.
The resort has little stores inside. They are cute but over priced. They sell dresses for $200 and windbreakers for $400.
I wanted to take an exercise class both mornings I was at the resort, cycling and a dance class. I was the only person to show up for the class. The front desk told me to show up 15-20 min early. I was disappointed both classes were cancelled because the staff didn't make it in (due to snow on the roads).
I went on the building tour. It was very infomative. Not many people attended. I'm glad I went becuase otherwise there are parts of the resort I would have never discovered.
The arcade downstairs was fun. They were not serving food because there wasn't enough staff. They had a mini bowling game, $3 for 5 frames. Don't play the pool down there. There is free pool upstairs behind the lobby bar.
I was very confused by my bill when I checked out. If you charge meals to your room, the total on your receipt is not the REAL total. They will add tax on top and never give you a printed receipt of this final total. The front desk had to explain why all of my meals were more expensive than the receipts I received.
I went to the Jefferson Hot Springs. Everything was original from when jefferson was there. The paint was chipping, the floor was filthy, it was super drafty and cold. There was barely any place to put your clothes. I heard a rumor that it will be remodeled this year, I hope this happens because the building is in desparate need of repair.
Service in the Jefferson Bar was TERRIBLE. My server brought the food and never checked back. I had to get my own refill. The sever stood to the side of the bar and watched the olympics.

Visited February 2014
va
“Summer visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great new pool area .wonderful outdoor spa garden with various pools. Very quiet. Cafe having start up pangs.

Visited July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Still gracious hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great mountain getaway. Enjoyed one night stay here! Still very gracious older well kept hotel but personally prefer smaller more intimate environment! Very impressive in stature.

Visited April 2013