“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I enjoyed my meal at this spot! I had the Salmon Florentine with a spinach artichoke sauce on my salmon and mashed potatoes on the side. It was great! My salmon was nice and juicey and the sauce added a nice flare to it. The mash potatoes were on point. I was not sure how my food would taste after noticing the kitchen from my seat. It looked like the restaurant used to be a house and the kitchen was still in it's original state. I wondered how they were cooking for a packed house but it turned out delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Roanoke
“eek”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My son and I stopped by for lunch. I think everyting we ordered had been previously frozen and then deep fried or cooked. The taste ranged from medicore to yuk. I should have spoken up to the very nice waitress that I couldn't eat my food because it was gross, but she should have known that by the fact i took 2 bites and pushed the plate away. Maybe if you stick to the daily special you will be safe. I don't live in the area, but next time traveling in the area, I wil not stop here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Super good food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Love love their food! Very fresh and country home-made style ! I don't know if they use organic material but the foods are awesome! Will be back next time !!

Visited July 2013
Powhatan, Virginia
“Not County but Country (As other have said)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We didn't want to pay 100$ for a dinner at the Homestead so we decided to try the Country Cafe. It wasn't busy at all. The special was the Fried Chicken dinner. I had that and my wife had a cheese burger (she loves a good cheese burger). There is a review here that says the locals get preferred treatment. We saw that also. We got our menus quick however to get our order in was something else. We weren't ignored but we were waited on slower by far. The food was good and the chicken was crispy. I would recommend this place if you want some other place to eat then the Resorts

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elkridge, Maryland
“Delicious trout!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoyed the rainbow trout, next best to Lindsay Grill though this version is healthier. My daughter loves her shrimp and steak. The dining room is large and very country like, overlooking the mountain view across the street. It is only about 1-2 miles from The Homestead, a short drive. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience here. Will definitely return when we are in the area!

Visited March 2013