We are just finishing a two night stay at The Homestead and, for the most part, have enjoyed our time here. If you plan on visiting, be aware of a few things. First, The Homestead is an older hotel and suffers from the infirmities of that. For example, our room was noticeably smaller than a contemporary hotel, although the bath and closet were supersized. The heating was less than perfect. Second, it is a resort, so expect to pay more for everything from food to activities, you pay a premium. If you prefer the value of a Hilton Garden Inn or Courtyard Marriott, you will be miserable when you get the bill at The Homestead.
Generally, I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly with a few exceptions. The food was pretty good, but not exceptional and was expensive (the resort part). The setting of the hotel is exceptional and they had just had six inches of snow before we arrived, so everything was beautiful and decorated for Christmas. In summary, I enjoyed visiting here as a special treat, but would not do it regularly because of the expense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Groupon and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs