I love the Homestead. We had a family getaway for 4 adults and 3 kids. Booking was great and they were very helpful helping me get the room configuration that worked for us (a suite with a connecting double, so we could sleep 2 / 3 / 2). The scenery and the activities there are fantastic. We did shooting and the instructor was great with my three boys (two had shot before and one had not). We would definitely go back, but I do have some serious reservations...
So here is my issue:
1) I expected a higher quality of service given the room rates (spent over 6K)
2) There reservations systems for activities are terrible. They tell you that things are wide open and that you don't need to reserve, then there is a rush and everything is booked, then we show up anyway and nobody is there so we can go right in. This happened multiple times in the restaurants and for shooting. We did not do some things because we were told that they were full - I now doubt that they were.
3) The hotel is in need of repairs. It is a huge facility, but there were cracked/usafe bricks on several of the stairways and a lot of things were in need of paint. This is not true of the rooms, they were fine and is only the general facilities.
4) They had several private parties and blocked off large parts of the facilities in the evening. Definitely check about other events at the hotel and what will be blocked off before you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Groupon, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs