My wife and I just celebrated our 14th year anniversary so we decided to go to the Homestead for one night on Sat May 17th 2014. We had a great time overall. The grounds are beautiful and very relaxing. The room we stayed in had a king bed and a pretty big sitting area and it was very comfortable. The resort was not crowded at all which was a bonus for us. We hung out at Sam Snead's tavern and watched the Preakness with the bartender Mimi who has worked there for 43 years and she was a wealth of knowledge.
I decided to bring my own bottle of champagne and bucket to surprise my wife and when we got back in to our room before dinner, the hotel had already put a bottle on ice along with chocolate covered strawberries which was unexpected and a pleasant surprise.
Dinner in the main dining hall very very nice as well.
My only complaint is how everything is over priced. There were 2 bottles of Evian water in our hotel room which cost $8.50 each. I don't understand a 600 to 700% mark up on these types of items.
Honestly, if the water was $5.00 each I probably would have paid for them but $8.50 for water is outrageous. I think if the hotel dropped their prices on certain items they would sell a lot more and increase their overall revenue.
Overall we were very pleased with the service, and the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs