“Romance, Tiffany Style!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia Beach
“Romance, Tiffany Style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

What a delight! From the moment we were greeted at the front desk, the service was top notch. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary for the weekend and can not say how much the staff made our special day so wonderful. From the complementary bottle of champagne & chocolate strawberries delivered to our lovely room to the special seating & champagne in the main dining room.Highly recommend the awesome breakfast buffet in the main dining room too.We purchased daily spa passes to take in the fabulous new spa & pools which I highly recommend. The unique showers & gym in the new spa are out of this world! Our room was quiet and lovely, the only exception was the air conditioner was out of date and not working properly.The only other disappointment was our dinner at Sam Snead's Tavern was not very good. We ordered the trout which was only so so and our server was hardly around but otherwise this weekend was wonderful at The Homestead. We can not wait until our next adventure at this wonderful, yet special resort

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HomesteadResort, Manager at The Omni Homestead Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing The Omni Homestead to celebrate your anniversary. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize, however, for the maintenance issue in your room which has been taken care of by our Engineering Department. Also, our Executive Chef joins me in expressing our sincere apologies for your less-than-satisfactory experience at Sam Snead’s Tavern. Be assured that this matter is being reviewed by our culinary team so we may make improvements. We note that you can’t wait for your next visit and we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Every staff member was extremely friendly and helpful. I had two young children with me and never once did I feel like they were not welcome. I had a slight problem with an amenity and it was handled above my expectations. Room was very clean and spacious.

Martinsvill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great place to hold a conference. The staff is very accomondating, the food was wonderful and the whole stay was very pleasant. I want to go back and enjoy the full resort when I don;t have meetings to go to.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

If you are like me and shied away from the Homestead because it was tired and a little dull, you must give it another chance. Since the Canyon Ranch updated the spa facilities and the Omni took over the hotel it is a wonderful get away destination. Even the food was good! And this was during a very large conference. Only caveat, the room decor needs some spicing up.

Lexington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I love this hotel. It is normally very expensive, but if you can get a special rate, I recommend that you take advantage of it. The amenities are wonderful - the pools, the spa - they even have Keurig coffee makers in the rooms. I wish I could afford to stay here more often.

Midlothian, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at the Homestead for a conference. This was my second time, and the quality of stay is outstanding. I highly recommend the Jefferson Lounge for drinks. The staff is incredibly helpful, and always ready with a smile. Even the cleaning staff greeted me with a smile and hello every morning - not something you see at many hotels. Unfortunately, I never have time to enjoy all the amenities but the recent renovations to the spa are heavenly!

Annapolis, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Probably the closest I have come to the "Perfect Hotel". My husband and I travel approx. 3-4 months in a year....retiree's with a penchant for trying new places and adventures. Loved, Loved the stay here !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Omni Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!