Stayed for 3 nights in a Deluxe View Room with 2 double beds. It was located in the Garden wing. We had a balcony that overlooked some peaceful gardens. Really nice.
We mainly utilized the outdoor pool (perfect temp!) and hot tub with our kids. Husband and I also enjoyed a day pass to the Spa Gardens and Aqua Thermal Suite. It was really nice to enjoy the pools but the vegetation in/around the spa needed work...dead and overgrown.
There are a ton of activities that you can pay extra for, like horseback riding, archery, falconry, etc. Our kids played a few rounds of mini-golf, utilized the game room (called "Downtime"), which is equipped with some arcade games, air hockey, pool table, and even a mini bowling alley. You can spend a small fortune on the games here!
My older daughter (15) liked the fitness center. The indoor pool is beautiful.
We are at 3 of the resort restaurants for dinner - The Jefferson (good), Casino (just ok), and Sam Snead's Tavern (very good.) We also ate the sumptuous breakfast buffet daily in the main dining room. It's excellent. Go into the Village of Hot Springs and check out Lindsay's Roost. Good little stop for less expensive food and the people are really friendly.
Our family had a wonderful time. Everyone is SO friendly. My husband and I especially enjoyed cocktails in the lobby bar listening to the classic piano music in the evenings. The pianist was so talented. My kids loved the complimentary afternoon tea in the Great Hall. The place is absolutely steeped in history and delightful. It's expensive but worth it. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs