This was our first visit to the Homestead. My husband and I brought along our 12 year old grandson for our 4 night stay. We arrived on the Sunday before Labor Day and left on Thursday.
When we arrived we saw a completely filled hotel with tons of little children running throughout the lobby. Apparently all dress codes were ignored throughout the hotel. I too was sorry that the Labor Day picnic was now indoors. The food was good and the fireworks sppectacular, and this review from a New York City family.
We reserved a one bedroom suite, which was lovely. Upon arrival we asked about our Omni select guest upgrade and none was offered. We later learned that the connecting bedroom to our suite was available. We were not able to resolve this until the next morning when I spoke to Tonya, the omni concierge, and she arranged for us to have that room also so we had a 2 bedroom suite which was great. However, This was the first time that we stayed at an omni and were not automatically offered any kind of upgrade.
On Monday, Labor Day, the big check out began. All was well.
The Jefferson pools were amazing in the history and tranquility. We loved that experience.
Dinner at the main dining room was lovely and delicious. The staff accomidated everything that my grandson requested. The new Downtime game room was a big hit. I even tried out the bowling.
On Tuesday we hit an unresolved BIG SNAG. We headed off to the pool to find that the lazy river and slides were closed and would not reopen until the next weekend. I complained to the staff, the omni concierge, a manager and anyone I could find. Your website clearly states that the lazy river is open during the week. It is one of the reasons that we choose the homestead vs the greenbrier.
I checked online again and sure enough it states it is open even when it was now closed . It was a great disappointment for our grandson and therefore us.
IT IS CLEARLY FALSE ADVERTISING and the few other families there were upset aS well.
Before we made res. at the homestead I doubled checked what activities would be open and available to a 12 year old boy. The lazy river and water slides were the selling point for him.
I know that management checks out these reviews and I would greatly appreciate a response to this issue. I will complete my review later on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelsClick, Expedia, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs