I stayed last week (3/22) and was told by the reservationist that skiing, tubing, outdoor pool, outdoor spa, and indoor pool were all available. Recognize, the reservation was made two days before the arrival so you would expect the information would be correct. After the 4 hour drive from the DC area, I found that (i) no skiing (ii) no tubing (iii) outdoor pool closed; (iv) outdoor spa closed-- and drained; and (v) indoor pool open-- but by open, I mean you have to walk through a construction zone and then the indoor pool wall had a huge breach where a constant plume of hot steam poured. I brought all of this to the manager's notice -- I was told "if I could make it snow for you I would." She also suggested for entertainment that I try the bar. (this after advising her I had teenagers with me...). Not really the managers or hotels fault-- it was the reservationist. As a test, I called again today to pretend I was placing an order and was told that all activities were again available today. I doubt it. I suggest you confiirm what is available before making the drive. Otherwise, between staying at the Homestead or home-- I'd suggest you stay home 'stead.
Try the Greenbrier. An amazing hotel with more to do and better quality-- truly. At least they are accurate in what is available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs