My wife and I stayed here for a conference as the room rate was too good an opportunity to pass up on. Our first time at a resort, and staying in a hotel with a dress code, and I was cost concious but found lots of ways to make staying at the Homestead a relatively wallet friendly exercise. On arrival the doormen were very helpful, but they are quite happy to let you grab a cart and take your luggage up to your room by yourself. Park yourself in one of the two parking lots just up the hill from the front entrance, or in the valet lot on the road towards the stables, and avoid stumbling for a valet tip.
The pool is included and completely wonderful. Ask for a locker key at the spa shop desk. The light filled covered walkway connecting the hotel to the spa has big windows, cushioned seating with lots of fluffy pillows, which is above the heating vents. A wonderful place to spend time reading in the afternoon rain or shine. There are some lovely walks in the grounds of the hotel.
The exit by the pool changing rooms is right across the road from warm springs main street. A short walk brings you to a well stocked, reasonably priced ABC store, a 7-11 for breakfast milk, banks with ATM's, and Lindsay's Roost Bar & Grill, a friendly diner serving inexpensive down home food.
While my wife relaxed in the spa (our splurge for the trip), I took the free shuttle up to the shooting range. Basic skeet and trap packages start from about $85, or if like me you haven't shot since you were 14 try your luck on the .22 range for $18 for a box of 50 cartridges. A spotting scope mounted on a table means you can check your aim without having to walk to the end of the range.
Our room had a lovely light filled alcove with a chaise longue, fluffy bathrobes, and big television. But the free nightly movies in the theater, meeting up with my wifes colleagues, and banquet we attended, meant we only needed to turn on the TV once in the morning to check the weather. We enjoyed our stay here very much, and exploring this lovely part of Virginia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Groupon, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs