The Homestead has been a family tradition for me & my dad for years. I can't remember the last time I stayed in the hotel, or even my first visit there, because my dad had bought a timeshare at the Owners Club. Although the classic timelessness of the hotel was missed, the owners club houses are absoblutley wonderful. Offering a jacuzzi, full kitchen, one master bedroom & 2 bedrooms with 2 queen beds, you can even fit a whole family in there if you like. The staff were all so respectful and knew us by names. 1776 may be exspensive, but the trinkling of wine glasses and the slow sounds of the piano add to the arora and make it worth it (not to mention the food). I haven't been to the Homestead this summer, for the first time in years, and I have no idea when I'll be back. Take the time you have there for granted. I also reccomend the bar by the pool, the milkshakes and daquiris are just delightful. Make sure if you do intend on going to Sam Sneads, you make a reservation. People complain about the price of the resort, but if you do not intend to spend do not go here. The resort is beautiful, and obviously takes a lot of mantience, I can't imagine a better place to visit. I've seen a few weddings take place over the years I visited the Homestead, and they all looked beautiful, delicatley planned and all around perfect .
I've taken homestead offered canoeing trips, hiking trips, and horseriding trips. The canoeing & hiking trips are a wonder , showcasing the beauty of Virginia. But i absoblutley loved horseriding with my family.
At one point, I think we had 12 of my family members staying at the Owners Club. It was all in great fun.
I dream for the day I go back, because I know the resort will still uphold its self with the all around elegance and class it has for years.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- The Homestead Hotel
- Homestead Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Canyon Ranch SpaClub at The Omni Homestead debuted in June 2013 and is the first SpaClub to introduce family spa services. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center and show ring, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.