We've been to the Homestead twice. Our first trip over Christmas was so enjoyable that we immediately booked a return trip. If I had written this review then, I would have said we had a 5-star experience. When we returned home we couldn't say enough positive things about the Homestead resort. We even convinced several friends to take their next trip to the Homestead.
On our return trip we enjoyed our stay until we ordered dinner in our room for our three year old who was staying in the room with a babysitter. The food arrived and was littered with black mold. Although the hotel immediately brought different food for my son, I was severely disappointed to receive moldy food from such an high-end resort.
I understand that accidents happen in large organizations, but this was inexcusable. In addition, I was largely disappointed with the hotel's response. Although they offered a free bottle of wine at dinner (which my pregnant wife could not enjoy) and a free dessert (which neither of us were interested in), we did not receive a genuine apology from anyone in management (we were told to contact the general manager when we checked out). We also thought it was strange that their attempt to remedy bad food, was by providing more food (my wife wasn't sure she wanted to eat anything from a kitchen that had already given us moldy food).
Unfortunately, although we'd love to return to the Homestead, the food options are so limited, that we are trepidatious to return because we're not sure what we'll get out of the kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs