“My Breakfast Favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Prince George, VA
“My Breakfast Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I meet each Saturday for a weekly prayer breakfast. The waitresses are the best in the business and always look forward to this time at Rosa's. To tout on the waitresses, there are a few who have been known to remember up to 8 regular's orders by heart. While it is a traditional Italian Restaurant, when the moved into the home of an old favorite known for their breakfast, they added it to the fare to keep the business and the locals happy. The food is always delicious, and I have eaten lunch and dinner meals there as well. They hold fast to the traditional Italian flavor and flare. Conveniently located off of I-295 at the Hopewell, Va exit, make a point if you travel through to take a break at Rosa's.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maryland
“Loved It!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to the Hopewell/Petersburg area to tour the battlefields and other Civil War sites. While we were there, a local recommended Rosa's to us and we gave it a try. Both the food and service were great! We entered the restaurant behind another couple. The hostess seated the couple ahead of us and another employee, Ryan, quickly swooped in and seated us. Ryan then introduced himself as our waiter. He provided great service and the restaurant was very accommodating to my picky tastes and dietary restrictions. (It's hard to be a girl that likes Italian food but can't eat garlic.)

Ryan knew the recipes well enough to know what I wanted did not have garlic in it, and they even modified a recipe for me to give me veal instead of the chicken listed on the menu.

The servings were huge, the bread was fresh baked and plentiful and the beverages (non-alcoholic) were never empty. The prices were also quite reasonable. We ordered an appetizer to share, two entrees (both came with a salad), two non-alcoholic beverages, and a dessert to share, and our total was right around $40.00, not including tip.

Ryan provided terrific service--always around when we needed him, without being bothersome or lurking.

We will definitely go back to Rosa's the next time we are in the area. Heck, we might even make the 2.5 hour trip down there just to go to Rosa's.

PS - Make sure you order the friend zucchini appetizer. It is delicious!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lenoir City, TN
“Much better than we expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We were just looking for a decent place to eat after checking in at our budget hotel. The hotel clerk recommended Rosa's and we were pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was outstanding, the environment is comfortable, and our unusual food choice "stir fry" pizza was very good. We would make a point of stopping here in the future when traveling through.

Visited November 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Follow-up Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have reviewed this wonderful jewel of an Italian restaurant on other occasions. I travel frequently to the Hopewell-Fort lee area for a consulting client and make every effort to go to Rosa's, as I know I will never be disappointed. And I never am. This time, I used their carry out service and ordered linguine with a red meat sauce and their own creation, "Risina" salad, which is something like a Greek salad, but with their own signature - both were outstanding. I also asked for some extra crushed red pepper and grated cheese on the side, and they were extraordinarily generous with that. Once again, for anyone traveling to the vicinity of Ft. lee - Petersburg or Hopewell, VA, Rosa's is a must go destination for a great, neighborhood Italian place..

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weiden, Bayern, Germany
“Local Italian Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had 7 in our party and had appetizers, pasta, salad and pizza. It was all pretty standard fare. Wait staff was friendly and on top of things...

• Visited October 2013