“A great place to call "home away from home"!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hopewell
El Paso
“A great place to call "home away from home"!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

It all began when I made my reservation,the staff was very helpful and ready to assist all my concerns. Candlewood Suites has a great location near any a variety of stores,restaurants you might need. I took full advantage of the kitchenette to save money.The facilities were extremely clean, with a welcoming feel to it. It did not feel like a hotel at all. I never had any noise complaints at all. It truely felt like home for me from Feb-Apr 12. Karen and her staff really take the time to get to know their guests. Thank-you Karen and your staff for taking great care of Faithful( my dog), and I. I truly enjoyed my stay at Candlewood Suites

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful words! It was our pleasure to serve you! One of the advantages of being a pet friendly hotel is we get to meet ALL members of the family. We enjoyed getting to know you and your dog. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Outstanding Serivice!! You do not realize what you had until you are gone. From 1 Feb 12 to 4 Apr 12 My 2-yr old son and I had the privilege of staying at the Candlewood Suites in Hopewell, VA and being served by an oustanding staff (Karen, Kim, Melissa, Martie, and Taylor). From the first day the staff welcomed my son and I with open arms. They always went out their way to ensure that we was always comfortable. The two months that my son and I was away from home would have been unbearable if it wasn't for the hospitality, cleaniness, family felling that Karen and her staff provides at the Candlwood Suites. You really made my stay a home away from home. Thank you and GOD bless all of you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

From the first day we felt welcomed. Not the phony "it's my job" type of hospitality but truly welcome.
Family and pet friendly. Free wi-fi. Close to shopping, restaurants and base.
Every area of the hotel was kept clean. The rooms were comfortable and the kitchenette was well equipped. There are even grills available for the use of the guests! No detail was overlooked.
For four months we call the Candlewood our home and the staff is now a part of our family. I will never stay anywhere else.
Hugs to Kelly, the wonderful ladies, and the awesome gentleman who make Candlewood what is.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
It was a pleasure serving you and your family. You are truly missed by everyone. We hope that it won't be too long before we see you again. Thank you again for your business!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Extremely well pleased with the service received at Candlewood Suites, Hopewell. Great ambiance along with an amazing staff makes staying here a traveler's delight. Thank you Karen for reminding me what exceptional customer service is all about, you and the others have really adopted the concept of "going the extra mile" for the customer as the norm at your remarkable establishment. Congratulations on a job well done.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such wonderful compliments! We are very pleased that we could accomodate your needs while you were here with us. If you are ever back in the area we hope you will stay with us again. It was our pleasure to serve you!
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone on a short or long term visit to the area. It's convenient to shopping, restaurants etc., and the staff here make you feel right at home!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Kelly and her team were exceptional! I stayed here for the period of three months (while I was in training). The rooms were very cleaned, I had a mini kitchen, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, etc... name it and it was there! Including the laundry basket, free laundry and mini gym! It was very conveniant and close to the Schools! I really loved my stay here, they made me felt like I was coming back home everyday! My family and I are very grateful for your great customer service!! I'll be back soon!! :)

Mayra "Momma"

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
kclark46, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Mayra,

We are glad you made it home safe. Thanks so much for all the kinds words about everyone and the hotel. We are so glad we made you feel at home while you were here. You, the kids, your husband and Grandma became part of our family as well and you guys are missed greatly. Remember anytime you are in the area you always have a place to call home.

We wish you and your family the best the Holiday Season has to offer. Take care.
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here during TDY to ALU for three months. I loved the SHORT commute with the clean rooms and AWESOME employees! I will be staying here when I return for future TDY's to ALU. I had a mini kitchen so I was able to cook for myself as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
kclark46, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Good Morning,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel. We do our every best to ensure you feel at home when you stay. We realize that you are away from family and friends during your training and we hope in some small way we help ease the pain. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lee take care and Happy Holidays.

Kelly

Been to Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell? Share your experiences!