“A nice little mom and pop hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Hillsville
I 77 Us 58, Hillsville, VA 24343   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Hillsville
Tallahassee, Florida
“A nice little mom and pop hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Although this hotel has seen better days and is a bit shabby around the edges the room was clean and the beds were comfortable.Attached to the hotel is a Chinese Buffet, a Subway and a gas station what more could you want. My companion and I stayed there on our way to Pennsylvania and would not hesitate to stay there again. So if anyone is travelling I-77 through Hillsville Va. and is in need of a place to sleep this is the place to stop.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stay here when traveling I-77 between north and south locations. It's very inexpensive yet clean enough. The staff are friendly. There is a convenient all you can eat Chinese Buffet attached so you can get dinner for around $10.
Don't expect the Hilton. This is a budget motel. You will get a bed, a TV and a bathroom. Not much else. The rooms are clean. The decor is from the late 70's or early 80's.
Typically your stay will be under $50. For that price, there is not going to be much in the way of amenities, but the friendly Asian staff always has coffee, and juice/cereal/muffins/cake in the morning.
The rooms are the old fashioned "Metal KEY" entry rooms. No key cards, just true metal keys. Security may not be the best if you are going to leave valuables in the room. I don't leave the room except for a trip to the restaurant, so it's no issue for me.
I stay here because it's convenient, low cost, and I get a quiet, inexpensive, good night's rest.

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same. Perhaps the upstairs rooms are a bit more quiet since you will not...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mocksville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We go for the flea market (May and Sept.)and this is a very good location. The rooms are average, nothing special but we have always enjoyed staff, location, food and store. They have the lowest prices around and a person should not expect the Hyatt. Just comfort.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Goldsboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Kind of between outdated and trying. We were given two keys but each was to another room. Tried to give one back and was told no that is your room. Another couple had our other key. So security kinda sucks. That is the cause of the low "service" rating. Room smelled a little stale. Beds were very soft and flimsy. I rolled on to one edge and it collapsed and threw me off. Didn't see any bed bugs. Shower did have a real touchy problem with being able to be adjusted to comfortable temp. No hair dryer. Pets are kept in furthest rooms and there is a fee, and a bigger fee for sneaking them in. I always take a pair of ear plugs but I kept hearing a sound like a steady soft reving of an old car. Never saw one. I think it was the central A/C because the rooms had their own wall units. TV was a bit fuzzy. Usual fattening continental breakfast. There is a Chinese Buffet next door that has food that's dried or shriveled up on a lot of selections.

Room Tip: Get one closer to the office because the dogs are towards the other end
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Davis, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed here for the annual flea market for two nights and they were two sleepless nights! Made reservations for 4, had towels for 2. Room smelled awful! Shower did not work properly, you either had freezing cold water or scalding hot water, no in between. Faucet did not work at all, no matter how you had the knob turned for the shower. It was all shower, which would have been fine if we could have had warm water. Pipes leaked underneath the sink so you had wet feet every time you went into the bathroom. Carpet felt gummy, dogs barked, doors slammed and the a/c didn't work properly so our room felt like an oven. I can go on and on with the complaints. Lesson learned, next year we will stay in a nicer, cleaner, hotel across the street!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hillsville hotels

Beverly Hills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

loved the location of motel but thats it! our room smelled like a wet camel, the bed was comfortable but we felt like something was biting us all night,and the shower had no pressure at all we could hardly get wet. also they allow pets so we heard dogs all night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Union, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Okay, good enough accommodations, nothing fancy. It was great for us driving through to our destination. The bed was a little softer than we'd like, very squishy. I was glad I brought ear plugs because a couple of times I heard barking in the early morning so I know they allow dogs. They have a breakfast out in the morning with free coffee. Only 51 bucks, a darn good deal! I will stay there again when passing through. I give it a three out of 5 on accommodations but I give it an extra point for value. No great view and no swimming pool keeps the price down.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Carpet Inn Hillsville? Share your experiences!