“Half way stay to Charleston SC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Farmers Market Road, Hillsville, VA 24343 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Hillsville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Mechanicsburg
“Half way stay to Charleston SC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped at this exit on March 29, 2013, hoping there might be a room. Usually we try to stay in Wytheville, VA, but every hotel there was full of spring break travelers. Hillsville is about 20 minutes further south. We were checked in at 3:12 am by a wonderful desk clerk with a warm, inviting smile (sorry I didn't get your name). We were very happy that there was any room available, but when we got into the room, we were pleasantly surprised by how clean and comfortable it was. The bedding was pristine! The mattress and pillows felt like brand new--they were so comfortable, not lumpy and bumpy like most hotels have! Surprisingly, even though this hotel is right off the highway, we did not hear any noise. We will definitely be back again! Thank you Comfort Inn Hillsville for the great nights sleep!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
toronto, ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past few years on our way back from Florida. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find.

Check in was quick and somewhat easy. They would not accept the Room Saver coupon as there was some type of Nascar event in the area and the coupon is not valid during that time. This was a little disappointing (but acceptable since it was printed on the coupon) but she gave us a good rate anyways.

The room was a larger room with 2 queens. The room was clean and comfortable with a microwave and mini-fridge. WiFi was slow and frustrating. I'm not sure if it was because we were at the end of the hall but anything we tried to do took forever.

The beds were very comfortable. I hated the pillows but that's just my personal preference. By the morning the sheets had come off on two corners on both beds. This freaks me out a little bit because I don't really want to touch what's under the sheets.

We did a quick in/out for breakfast just grabbing a drink and some fruit but it did look like a nice offering with lots of seating.

Check out was quick and easy.

Would we stay here again - very likely as its always been a clean, comfortable and easy stop for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is nice hotel to stay.Check in and Check out is very fast and easy.However, it is little pricey. I stayed in near by comfort Inn just before a week for $70 but here price was $100.I liked its cleanliness, comfortable and friendliness of the workers. I stayed in this hotel on January 14 and 15. Breakfast is very good and wide verities are available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This marked a very nice mid-point from Florida to NY and was an excellent location to stay. Check in was easy and quick and we had a nice spot right out in front to park. The room was clean and comfortable and the selection of channels on the TV was incredible.

The hotel has a pool that was nice - small, but nice and the breakfast area was clean and well maintained. Standard fair for a choice hotel - but again for free - I will not complain as it gives everyone in the group something to eat before we travelled on.

The only real issue I had was with the bathroom. The bathroom is tight and the door really did not want to stay closed. You had to really push it closed and my daughter had a lot of trouble. The shower/tub was clean, but it did not seem to be slanted quite right as a lot of water pools in the middle of the tub and does not drain down. The tube is also slanted toward the middle more than usual and it felt funny trying to stand in the tub - it was not really comfortable - not horrible - just different. The shower itself worked great and was very hot - I didn't even have to turn it up a full way - which is unusual.

The beds were very soft - they actually felt like they were going to be to soft to get a good night sleep, but actually we all sleep very well. I was very surprised because I prefer a bit harder of a bed, but I can not complain.

Overall this was an excellent place to stay - with lots of restaurants and gas stations right there and immediately off from I-77. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a spot in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in the Hillsville Comfort Inn on Saturday night, November 3, 2012. I have stayed there before and the hotel is very comfortable. Check-in was quick as they all ready had my information since I am a choice hotel points member. Since I was using points, they had a "welcome package" of two bottles of water, wheat chex mix and a rice bar. They also had fruit, cookies, juice and coffee available for all guests.

I had a king room which had a flat screen tv, microwave, fridge and a small kitchen area. The sink area of the bathroom was outside of the bathroom proper which had the commode and tub. The supplies were soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. There enough towels for four persons.

The bed was a king and the room had a desk, chair and sofa. It was a very good sized room. The best thing is that the hotel was clean. The bed was comfortable
I have stayed here before and would again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Davenport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was first time stayed on our trip south it was a great place people were helpful We are comfort inn member would stay there again. The food was excellent and everyone was amazing. The room was clean as was the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stay here every year on drive south. Found it clean but tired last year. This year, freshened up with new carpet, paint fixtures & decor. Used coupon available at state welcome centre for $68/night. Although prices have risen a lot over the past 4 years at this exit (used to be $49 a few years ago) - still a pretty good deal

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!