“Bad value for money” 2 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,198 reviews 1,198 reviews
“Bad value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The rooms are dated and the carpet looked dirty.
We found a big bug, it looked like a cockroach (check my pics). We complained about it and the lady in the front desk gave us a $10 discount but she didn't apologize.
For $99/ night this hotel is a bad value for money. I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saugerties
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Friendly greeting from front desk. She was very helpful when asked about places to eat. Hotel was clean and had a fresh smell. Nice variety at breakfast. Pleasant staff. Close to many restaurants and fast food places as well as gas stations. Close to highway ramps so easy to get to. Carpeting in room was a little worn, but bed was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel in Hillsville because we wanted to attend a Virginia Tech game, but all of the hotels in that area were very expensive. We paid $89 per night and I would say that is a little steep for the quality of the hotel though this was one of the more reasonably priced hotels in the area. The check in was quick. The rooms faced outside which is disappointing and you can here people in the parking lot and other hotel doors closing. The room was dated-textured wall paper with a tacky early 90s style border. The beds, however, we're very comfortable. The pillows were big and fluffy and the down comforter was so cozy. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless despite there being a few cracked tiles. We had a fridge and microwave in the room and the tv was new. They had a breakfast it and it was pretty average including scrambled eggs, toast, oatmeal, juice and coffee, waffles, and pastries. The housekeeper was very friendly and the pet rate is very reasonable, $10 per night, though there wasn't very much green area for our dog to potty. I would have expected to pay about $69 for a place like this so the $89 price rage seemed a bit steep, but overall this place is just fine for a one or two night stay. I would suggest using the "Name Your Price" tool or something like that to see if you get a better rate. I heard one lady say that's what she did and she paid about $40.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very good and helpful receptionist, clean and tidy room, breakfast adequate. Easy reach of restaurants and Blue Ridge Parkway. Morning receptionist suggested some interesting places to visit on our trip,

Room Tip: Near the reception on the ground floor at the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I tend to be somewhat hard to please when it comes to hotel accommodations, however, this hotel passed all the tests.
After working in hotels for the last 10 years...I know all the typical spots to find signs of poor housekeeping/management/etc. The only thing I noted about our room was the wallpaper starting to peel in the corner of the room. The staff was wonderful from check-in until the moment we left.
I ended up with a smoking room and even though I am a smoker, I don't smoke indoors. I was anticipating having to pull out the air freshener but not once did I have to--you could barely tell the room had ever been smoked in!!
The room was orderly, clean and had wonderful, soft beds & pillows. Not to mention the TV--I'm pretty sure the website said 27" TV's but, they were more like a 32" flat screen.
Clean parking lot, no hooligans running around, no late night noise, overall it was just a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spent one night here while driving from Connecticut to Atlanta. Room was large and comfortable and had a good television. Check in was quick and easy event though I arrived after 11 PM. Breakfast was pretty standard and just ok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Greenfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I were on our way home from Florida.We had been on the road for around 10 hrs.stopped at the rest stop in.Virginia.The lady there told us about using coupons for our hotel stay.Went in to the Quality inn.I ask then how much a room would be I told her I was a triple A member the cost was going to be 89.99.Then I told her I had a coupon we got the room for 69.00 plus tax.You entered your room from outside that we did not like and you could walk around building or drive to the main lobby.That was out of the way for us.The house keeping was good, but there was a lot of dust over the doors.The breakfast was great.They made sure things were kept full.Yes We would stay again BUT only with a coupon.T.K.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Quality Inn Hillsville? Share your experiences!