“Hard to please” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Hillsville
Hickory, North Carolina
“Hard to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I tend to be somewhat hard to please when it comes to hotel accommodations, however, this hotel passed all the tests.
After working in hotels for the last 10 years...I know all the typical spots to find signs of poor housekeeping/management/etc. The only thing I noted about our room was the wallpaper starting to peel in the corner of the room. The staff was wonderful from check-in until the moment we left.
I ended up with a smoking room and even though I am a smoker, I don't smoke indoors. I was anticipating having to pull out the air freshener but not once did I have to--you could barely tell the room had ever been smoked in!!
The room was orderly, clean and had wonderful, soft beds & pillows. Not to mention the TV--I'm pretty sure the website said 27" TV's but, they were more like a 32" flat screen.
Clean parking lot, no hooligans running around, no late night noise, overall it was just a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spent one night here while driving from Connecticut to Atlanta. Room was large and comfortable and had a good television. Check in was quick and easy event though I arrived after 11 PM. Breakfast was pretty standard and just ok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Greenfield, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I were on our way home from Florida.We had been on the road for around 10 hrs.stopped at the rest stop in.Virginia.The lady there told us about using coupons for our hotel stay.Went in to the Quality inn.I ask then how much a room would be I told her I was a triple A member the cost was going to be 89.99.Then I told her I had a coupon we got the room for 69.00 plus tax.You entered your room from outside that we did not like and you could walk around building or drive to the main lobby.That was out of the way for us.The house keeping was good, but there was a lot of dust over the doors.The breakfast was great.They made sure things were kept full.Yes We would stay again BUT only with a coupon.T.K.

• Stayed July 2013
Ravenna, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel was very clean, and comfortable. We only stayed one night as we were passing through. The hotel check in clerk gave us the name of a great little Mexican Resturant that had great food and great prices. I would recommend this hotel to everyone close and convienent to Interstate 77.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the motel and it was very quiet. First floor level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chilhowie, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night but had a nice stay. I stayed in a room upstairs and I didn't see an elevator. The room was very clean and comfortable, and it was a pretty big room. The bed was comfortable with nice sheets. This is not The Hilton or The Westin but it's a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We needed a place for the night, read some reviews, and checked out a room. All systems go. It is an average place for one night. Could be above average except for the very uncomfortable worn chair in the room. Trying to relax and read was an adventure. In contrast, the bed was very comfortable which resulted in a very good nights sleep. The room was very clean, including the small bathroom and we experienced no noise issues.
Breakfast in the morning was average for the level of property. Plenty of fresh fruit. Enough nutrition to move us up the road.

The check out experience was slow, although the desk clerk was very friendly

If you use a coupon there may be problems receiving your points. Although we were told at check in we would receive our Choice Privilege Points, at check out, none were posted "because of the lower room rate."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksburg, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I had to take a business trip but did not know how many hours we would be able to drive. Therefore, we did not make reservations at a known hotel. We stopped by a welcome center and picked up some coupons and saw this hotel at a reasonable price and decided to try it. I am glad that we did. The front desk clerk was very friendly and efficient. She had us checked in very quickly. She upgraded our room to a king room for the same price as a double. The room itself was clean and everything worked properly. It contained a microwave, small refrigerator, television, hair dryer and coffee maker. Yes, the room is dated, but we could care less about that. All we wanted was a comfortable bed and a hot shower for the night. These were both provided for. Breakfast in the morning was from 6:30 to 9:30, which made it good because we needed to get on the road early. All I had was some coffee and a cinnamon roll, but they also served eggs, sausage and gravy and a few other items for those wanting a heartier breakfast. I know that finding a decent hotel to stay at right off the highway is like finding a needle in a haystack, so I am very thankful to have found this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Hillsville? Share your experiences!