“great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knob Hill Motor Lodge

Knob Hill Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hillsville
Knob Hill Motor Lodge
305 East Stuart Drive, Hillsville, VA 24343   |
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Hillsville
Wintergreen, Virginia
“great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

yes, it's an older motel, but the new owners have updated and upgraded. comfortable, very clean, very reasonable rates, good location. it's like stepping back in time. I love the motel experience and parking in front your room. perfect for my needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
South Daytona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Returning home from NYC to Daytona Beach. I stayed at several motels on the way to and from in several states. Knob Hill Motor Lodge far exceeded any stay elsewhere. Clean, spacious, very reasonably priced...pleasant and comfortable. When you're in the area, forget the large, sterile, overpriced and inconsistent chains at the exit. Do yourself a favor, drive the extra 2 miles, step just a little back in time and enjoy the way a motel is supposed to be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Middletown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Knob Hill Motor lodge as I wanted to stay in Hillsville for the annual Labor Day flea market. I've heard of the 4-day flea market and wanted to check it out for myself. Not knowing the area I went in blind more so for the adventure. I checked into Knob Hill as it was the cheapest motel in town. To my surprise this was the best find in town. I don't think I have ever stayed in a more cleaner lodging place ever. This place is great. 5 star rating because I can't leave 10 stars. You will not be disappointed and this is from a person that doesn't write very many reviews.

Room Tip: If you go for the annual Labor Day flea market (which to took me over 6 hours to walk through) reser...
Seth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed overnight August 24th to visit the Blue Ridge Music Center as a friend of ours was playing that venue with the Gospel Plow Boys. Trip Advisor had recommended this place and it truly is a place to stay and get more bang for your buck. It was very clean, quiet and had a great king size bed. The proprietor was friendly as was the housekeeping person. I think they aim to please. It is an older motel but well worth the $60 a night we paid for the room. Drive away from the Interstate chains and go into Hillsville for a quiet, restful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking, pet free room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here while riding the Blue Ridge on my motorcycle. The rooms are spotless, and the staff are some of the nicest people on this earth. Park the bike right in front of the room, new flat screen TV, ice cold AC. Several good restaurants in the area. The big bonus, This place is the best price in town, check it out you won't be disappointed.

Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just returned to Northern Virginia from my five day trip back home to Carroll County for my Hillsville High School reunion and my family reunion. It is always a pleasure to return to one of the most beautiful areas of this wonderful country./// I picked up my 8 May 2013 edition of the Carroll News which reported that Charles Jennings and Karen Rich had reopened the Knob Hill Motel in Hillsville in October of 2012. After reading the article I immediately made reservations there for my trip back home./// KNOB HILL MOTOR LODGE, Hillsville's oldest motel, has been in operation for over 50 years and is a landmark in the town and county./// Jennings and Rich have refurbished the facility and purchased new mattresses and box springs and new bedding. Each room has a small refrigerator and microwave oven, and they are replacing the older TVs with new flat screen models. They have also installed Wi-Fi to all the rooms, which they provide to the traveling public at no extra cost./// As other recent guests have noted here on Trip Advisor, the motel does show its age, but that is a good thing. The motel is of "real" brick construction like they built 50 years ago, and the rooms are very quiet because of the way it is constructed./// Jennings and Rich are hands-on type owner/managers who really take care of their guests. The first night I was there, in a room with one of the older TV sets, it failed during the night. I notified the front desk, and the next morning when I went outside, there was a new flat screen TV at my door waiting to be installed./// The motel is spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and conveniently located, but most of all it is a GREAT VALUE (NOTE: We Scotch-Irish place emphasis on value) for the price. In my opinion, all things considered, this should be rated #1 in the Hillsville motel market.

Room Tip: All rooms are equivalent in comfort, some are larger.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

8 miles off the Parkway. Is it older? Yes. If you want modern, stop Motel browsing. It is immaculate. Faux hardwood paneling is made up for with a pristine white cotton coverlet that shows its cleanliness. Thoughtfulness is everywhere, from the new fresh white glass storm doors that allow you to peer outside your entrance, to the kind welcome from the ex-military gentleman who urged us to browse his personal trip planner. Brown and white not my personal fave colors in a Motel, he he he, but that's my personal silliness. Pride of ownership here. And my Mother loved her faux paneling :)

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Knob Hill Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!