“Knob Hill should be rated #1 in the Hillsville, Va. area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knob Hill Motor Lodge

Knob Hill Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hillsville
Knob Hill Motor Lodge
You added Knob Hill Motor Lodge to your Saves list
305 East Stuart Drive, Hillsville, VA 24343   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Springfield, Virginia
“Knob Hill should be rated #1 in the Hillsville, Va. area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just returned to Northern Virginia from my five day trip back home to Carroll County for my Hillsville High School reunion and my family reunion. It is always a pleasure to return to one of the most beautiful areas of this wonderful country./// I picked up my 8 May 2013 edition of the Carroll News which reported that Charles Jennings and Karen Rich had reopened the Knob Hill Motel in Hillsville in October of 2012. After reading the article I immediately made reservations there for my trip back home./// KNOB HILL MOTOR LODGE, Hillsville's oldest motel, has been in operation for over 50 years and is a landmark in the town and county./// Jennings and Rich have refurbished the facility and purchased new mattresses and box springs and new bedding. Each room has a small refrigerator and microwave oven, and they are replacing the older TVs with new flat screen models. They have also installed Wi-Fi to all the rooms, which they provide to the traveling public at no extra cost./// As other recent guests have noted here on Trip Advisor, the motel does show its age, but that is a good thing. The motel is of "real" brick construction like they built 50 years ago, and the rooms are very quiet because of the way it is constructed./// Jennings and Rich are hands-on type owner/managers who really take care of their guests. The first night I was there, in a room with one of the older TV sets, it failed during the night. I notified the front desk, and the next morning when I went outside, there was a new flat screen TV at my door waiting to be installed./// The motel is spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and conveniently located, but most of all it is a GREAT VALUE (NOTE: We Scotch-Irish place emphasis on value) for the price. In my opinion, all things considered, this should be rated #1 in the Hillsville motel market.

Room Tip: All rooms are equivalent in comfort, some are larger.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

8 miles off the Parkway. Is it older? Yes. If you want modern, stop Motel browsing. It is immaculate. Faux hardwood paneling is made up for with a pristine white cotton coverlet that shows its cleanliness. Thoughtfulness is everywhere, from the new fresh white glass storm doors that allow you to peer outside your entrance, to the kind welcome from the ex-military gentleman who urged us to browse his personal trip planner. Brown and white not my personal fave colors in a Motel, he he he, but that's my personal silliness. Pride of ownership here. And my Mother loved her faux paneling :)

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Passing through the area on motorcycles headed back home. We checked reviews once we got into town. There is really nothing new to ad to the reviews already written. Room was very clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. No coffee pot but coffee was available near the office at 6:30 a.m., therefore, it was a nonissue. It is a dated hotel and the bathroom is rather small but for the value and considering the comfort of the room, this too is a nonissue. You would be hard pressed to find a proprietress any friendlier. She didn't just assign us a room, she assigned us a room based on the fact that we were on cycles (bikes right outside our room) and that we had been riding all day and wanted comfort. She even allowed us to park our motorcycles under cover. If ever in the area we will not pass up staying here again. You can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Dated but quaint, great comfy bed, and exceptionally clean. I planned on leaving for home early but I was so comfortable I put it off till check out time. I Highly recommend this place and plan on staying here again next time I travel north to visit family.

• Stayed July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Don't hesitate to stay here. The place is immaculately clean. Had wonderful nights sleep. The owner is beyond courteous and helpful. Was traveling and needed place for quick overnight stay and this was perfect option. Get away from the chains and give it a try. It is dated but everything is fine. Very basic

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a motel I would not only recommend but would return to anytime I was staying in the area. It not only has a good location, it is spotlessly clean, spacious and provides extras such as a small fridge, microwave, AC and TV and good wi fi. The owner goes out of his way to accommodate and is very friendly. The whole staff makes you feel like you are family. Top off this with reasonable rates and you don't need another thing. They even have a small café nearby that will provide rooms service.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking rooms. They are also pet friendly. The location is above the highw...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have stayed here 3 different times and have nothing bad to say at all. Super nice owner and goes out off his way to make you feel welcome. I'd recommend to anyone. Super reasonable rates,pet friendly, very clean, plenty of room,walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Knob Hill Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!