“not up to previous standards” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
cookeville, TN
“not up to previous standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here before with no problems. Many problems this time ranging from rudeness of the staff , most of whom seem to have no interest in going ANY out of their way to help, to the disappearance of a Seiko watch during the time they moved us from a room with bugs (a roach and a stinkbug) to a different room. Not accusing any employee; the watch just disappeared during that time.
Pool in great need of repair but so ice cold we could not swim anyway. Really getting run down. Would not recommend this hotel AT ALL.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
We always regret when anyone has less than a perfect visit to our Crowne Plaza. We are aware of your experience and have thorougly investigated your comments. While our staff and professional exterminator found no traces of insects as you claim, we had the room professionally treated for insects. In regard to your watch, I can only say with great confidence that after 20 years at this hotel I have never had an employee theft issue. We do, however, have guests lose or forget belongings each and every day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

It was a pleasure interacting with the hotel staff during the reservation process, my stay, and upon my return from a 2 week int'l trip. The hotel has everything....great location, staff, rooms, restaurant, etc.... I had an excellent dinner and very restful sleep before departing on my int'l flight in the morning. I also found the internet service to be very fast. My car was in the covered parking garage near the entrance during my 2 week trip, and I found the shuttle service to and from the airport to be very timely and convenient. All of my needs and expectations were met or exceeded, and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Greetings Mountain Top Pennsylvania -

Thank you for your kind words including all the great detail from your recent visit to our Crowne Plaza. It is helpful as we continually evaluate how to keep good things good and improve on imperfections. It was a pleasure serving you.
new orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Great location. Priced right on priceline. A little run down, needs to be refreshed. Noisy air conditioner, dingy elevator. Nice bathroom amenities. Not again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent visit to our Crowne Plaza. We watch for this feedback closely and make important use of the comments as we continually self-evaluate the hotel. We wish you would have had a perfect visit. By the way, I agree that the elevators should be jazzed up and we are seeking feedback from elevator companies currently.

Best,
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stayed here, but checked out after one night and headed to Hyatt Suites. This is a very dated hotel, offering nothing but a place to sleep. Parking was non-existant, and front desk staff was rude and un-carring about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
WayneThompson, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the difficulty you experienced with our Front Desk Staff and trying to find adequate parking. Our hotel has ample parking to accommodate large tour busses, semi-trucks, trucks, cars and motorcycles; in addition we offer a secured two level parking garage. Our hotel's consecutive Torchbearer Award for 2009 & 2010 confirms our commitment to offering outstanding service and amenities. From the lively Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar to high-definition TVs and programming in the rooms, we have what you want. A state-of-the-art Fitness Center, indoor pool and Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage® amenities ensure a relaxing stay. Also, I've reviewed your comments with our Front Desk team so that they realize the impact of their actions. This is not the type of service that we strive to deliver to our guests. If you care to elaborate on your comments on how the” front desk staff was rude and un-caring about customer satisfaction” you may contact me directly. Serving and exceeding guest expectations are the qualities that differentiate us from the rest.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve when you return to the Dulles corridor Please contact me directly.

Sincerely, Wayne Thompson, Rooms Division Manager
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza before and after our vacation travel due to early morning and late night flights.

Shuttle service to and from Dulles Int'l Airport was nothing over the top. We had to ask the front desk staff what time the shuttle left for the airport ... staff didn't offer the times of departure. The shuttle leaves at the top of each hour and every 30 minutes. I had to call the hotel from the airport upon our return from vacation to find our where the shuttle would pick us up from. I would recommend that you get all the details of shuttle service to/from the hotel prior to leaving Dulles Int'l.

Restaurant: Houlihan's Bar and Grill
* Food - Good
* Service - Good
* Price - $$, roughly $40 for dinner

First night stay, 9/9/10:
* King size non-smoking, 4th floor
* Clean, no odor to room
* Bathroom was moderate size, larger than most standard hotel rooms
* Hallway was quiet ... and our room was next to the elevator

We arrived for our first night stay at 3:00pm; front desk staff was cordial, but not over friendly. NOTE: front desk staff spoke broken english.

2nd night stay, 9/18/10:
* Should have had a King non-smoking room, put us in a double room
* Front desk said NO king rooms available since we checked in so late
* I argued the point that I had pre-paid for King room 5 months in advance, I expected king room ... or refund $$$
* AMAZING ... front desk clerk found a KING room ... clerk seemed to be incovenienced,
* 2nd room clean, located on 4th floor, smaller bathroom

We arrived for our 2nd night stay at 1:15am (morning of 9/19/10) after travel from St. Lucia. Front desk staff was not welcoming, SPOKE BROKEN ENGLISH and seemed put out by us walking in the front door of the hotel in the early morning hours.

Would I recomment this hotel ... based on our 1st night stay, YES .... 2nd night stay, NO. I am still trying to figure out why the hotel is staffed with people who speak broken english.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay. Our goal is for all guests to leave satisfied and it is truly disappointing when this does not occur. Their is no excuse for the poor service and lack of communication regarding our airport shuttle times that you encountered, and we appreciate you taking the time to give us this important feedback. Rest assured we will address all of your concerns with the appropriate departments within our hotel, as we are always striving to better ourselves. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and provide the high level of service that guests can expect from the award winning Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I booked at this location due to its proximity to the airport. The room and amenities were sufficient for an overnight stay and I did receive a restful sleep before my flight the next day.

The one negative I can list about this establishment is staff mannerism. They were not necessarily rude however their demeanor comes off in this unwelcoming monotone attitude. No smiles, little to no eye contact, almost mechanical in behavior .. similar to a day at the DMV. The one time I did see a staff member curve their lips for a customer, it was either a poorly forced smile or perhaps gas.

I'm sure most of the customers staying here have just spent long hours in flight or as in my case driving for 7 hours in hair raising traffic. With that in mind it would be nice if our exhausted minds could be greeted by a friendly smile and made to feel welcome.

PS: I use the word customer rather than guest to get the point across to management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
WayneThompson, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport during your visit to the Dulles Corridor September, 2010. I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize for the impression of or lack of warmth you may have perceived from our staff at some point in your stay. I assure you this is not typical of our team. Serving and exceeding guest expectations are the qualities that differentiate us from the rest. I will make certain your experience is brought to the attention of our staff so that it does not happen again. Our staff experiences ongoing guest service training and our hotel is consistently ranked in the top 1% of all Crowne Plazas in Guest Satisfaction Scores. Be assured that your comments will be addressed immediately.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the room & amenities and received a restful sleep before your flight.
We Thank You for taking the time to make us aware of your experience as it is only through guest feedback that we can learn, improve and success in exceeding guest expectations.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Service was out of this world,we found this gem of a hotel,without any prior booking arrangements,environment was clean,customer service personnel were also courteous,I will visit this hotel when ever my family I are in Virginia.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Family with teenagers? Holy Mosses. I hope that is working better for you than it is for me. Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate knowing that our efforts to meet our customer's expectations are hitting their mark. I hope your visit to Virginia was great and we can't wait for the next opportunity to serve you and your family.

David Welliver

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!