“So very pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Chesterfield, Michigan
“So very pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stay in Reston all the time and needed something different. This was a great place. Quiet. Well lit. Front desk very friendly. Good location. Houlans is on site. Great food across street Starbucks, an AMC, and many restaurants. Will be staying here again on next trip.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We love to welcome new guests and are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and our convenient location. I am also glad that you liked our Houlihan's Restaurant. On your next visit, you may want to visit Houlihan's patio, which is now open for outdoor dining.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we welcome the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Herndon & Reston area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Nice hotel in a great location. Special thanks to the over night worker Mark. He was very helpful, able to answer all my questions about the hotel and surrounding area including the easiest way into downtown DC. He suggested I visit the Dulles Air & Space museum which was a splendid day trip and they even have a free shuttle there from the hotel. My room was quite spacious with a nice king bed and more TV channels than most hotels which I think is a plus when traveling a lot. Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Front desk is helpful with everything
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room's amenities as well as our convenient location. It is nice when you are away from home to get helpful tips on local attractions. The Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum is one of my favorite attractions to visit, and our scheduled van shuttle allows guests to avoid the daily parking fee.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

North carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are quiet, clean and well maintained, breakfast was delicious . The gym is small but they have the most useful equipment and very well maintained,, location has easy access from dulles.. The fronk desk person named Edin was very cheerful and pleasing to serve and help us.. I love this hotel I will back soon !!! Thank you Crowne Plaza!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and breakfast in Houlihan's Restaurant. Many guests like yourself also enjoy our close location to Dulles International Airport. Once the new Reston Silver Line station opens this summer, we will also be located just four miles from metro access.
We focus on customer service so I am especially pleased to hear about Edin's excellent service. I will forward your nice comments so our management team can acknowledge his good work.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was there for 5 days as business stay and I liked this hotel very much.
I was happy to get a smoking room as I am smoker.
The room was cozy, the bathroom was excellent. The breakfast was outstanding. Also liked the Hoolihans in the building. The room service was fast and prompt.
The only wish: the covered parking lot was always full at evening and in winter when it's snowing, everyone want (as me) park the car in covered lot.
Would definitely look for another Crowne Plaza stay after this excellent 5 days at Herndon Crowne Plaza.
Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and our Houlihan's Restaurant. Our covered parking garage has been very popular this winter season and continues to be as we are having snow once again today.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night, in a standard king (non-executive) room. The room itself was incredibly spacious, although I wish that some of that space could have been used for a vanity area outside the bathroom. Housekeeping didn't clear out the refrigerator from the previous occupants, but everything else was clean and tidy, and the bed was comfortable and included both feather and feather-free pillows. Whatever they used to clean the linens has a rather strong detergent scent to it, so keep that in mind if you have issues with fragrances. I liked the fact that the bathroom floor was a type of tile that wasn't freezing to my feet. I didn't need to wear slippers or flip-flops in there if I didn't feel like it. The water pressure in the shower was very good for cleaning hair, too. And even though the hotel is located next to the Dulles Toll Road and there were other people on our floor, it was blessedly quiet the whole night. Whew!

There was a small microwave, really not much use except for maybe popping some popcorn…which we couldn't get from the gift shop because it has really odd hours – a few hours in the morning and afternoon, and closed completely on Sundays (we were there on a Sunday night). Vending machines have both Coke and Pepsi products, which is nice to see. But it looked like only one machine in the entire complex building had candy/snacks, and it clearly needed to be replenished. We've eaten at the attached restaurant on other occasions and found it overpriced for what you get, so we opted for the Wendy's and Taco Bell next door. If we stay here again, we would probably opt for a room on the executive club level, which had extra amenities such as a free continental breakfast on weekdays. Alternatively, you can book a rate for a few extra dollars and have breakfast at the attached restaurant. We opted not to do that on this occasion because we had to leave really early the next day and didn't want to risk waiting around for table service. But it's an option.

A big plus was having garage parking (you have to display a permit tag from the rearview mirror). Very few Herndon-area hotels have this, and after a night of snow, it was VERY nice not to have to dig out our car. The front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful upon check-in, too, and the whole process went quickly and smoothly. They do have an option for people who stay there and then fly out of Dulles to park long-term, but I believe they've moved long-term parking to an older garage across the street from the Wendy's because their own lot and garage were getting too packed with people who weren't staying in the hotel overnight. So verify the long-term parking location if you want that option.

Overall, a good stay at a nice price. I would recommend it as long as you don't have problems with perfumes/scents and don't count on cooking/reheating much food in your room.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra bucks for the executive club level or the extra breakfast with a regular room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room and the bedding and found it clean and quiet. I have forwarded your comment regarding the refrigerator to our housekeeping department. I also will forward your suggestions regarding the vending machines and gift shop to the vendor who is responsible for both.
Like yourself, many guests have really enjoyed having access to a garage, especially with the snowy winter we have had. I would also like to recommend reserving our Park, Stay & Go package for future trips, which features complimentary garage parking for up to fourteen days.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a on weekend night and booked a king size room and that's what I got. I have been told that I was upgraded to the executive floor, which had an executive lounge, that didn't any of the snacks, drinks, that are usually there. The coffee machine was unplugged...the fridge was out of water and all the snacks were nowhere to be found! But the lounge was given to a group which the majority of them didn't stay in the same floor or even in the hotel, they had their own large coolers with beers, and other alcoholic drinks, and plenty of noise!
But the hotel rate included breakfast buffet (similar to HIE), with ONE choice of a drink!

• Stayed March 2014
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We value our Platinum members and appreciate our returning guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when the Club Lounge was out of snacks and beverages. There was a large tournament in the Dulles area that weekend, so our Club Lounge experienced much higher customer activity than usual.
Our F&B staff monitors the lounge regularly over the weekend, but if you notice any shortage, please notify the front desk staff and they will ensure that the lounge is replenished.
If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact me at Sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to Herndon and exceed your expectations.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed staying here this past week.our room were very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Edin was extremely helpful and friendly, he recommended us a good place to go eat.. I really appreciated his attention with us. I highly recommend the hotel and absolutely I'll come back soon ..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room, and are especially pleased that our staff provided you with friendly and helpful service. I will forward your nice comments regarding Edin to our management team so his good service can be recognized.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Sharon Cummiskey
Sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!