“Platinum members are valued only 5 days a week” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
“Platinum members are valued only 5 days a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a on weekend night and booked a king size room and that's what I got. I have been told that I was upgraded to the executive floor, which had an executive lounge, that didn't any of the snacks, drinks, that are usually there. The coffee machine was unplugged...the fridge was out of water and all the snacks were nowhere to be found! But the lounge was given to a group which the majority of them didn't stay in the same floor or even in the hotel, they had their own large coolers with beers, and other alcoholic drinks, and plenty of noise!
But the hotel rate included breakfast buffet (similar to HIE), with ONE choice of a drink!

• Stayed March 2014
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We value our Platinum members and appreciate our returning guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when the Club Lounge was out of snacks and beverages. There was a large tournament in the Dulles area that weekend, so our Club Lounge experienced much higher customer activity than usual.
Our F&B staff monitors the lounge regularly over the weekend, but if you notice any shortage, please notify the front desk staff and they will ensure that the lounge is replenished.
If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact me at Sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to Herndon and exceed your expectations.

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed staying here this past week.our room were very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Edin was extremely helpful and friendly, he recommended us a good place to go eat.. I really appreciated his attention with us. I highly recommend the hotel and absolutely I'll come back soon ..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room, and are especially pleased that our staff provided you with friendly and helpful service. I will forward your nice comments regarding Edin to our management team so his good service can be recognized.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Sharon Cummiskey
Sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'm in the airline business and basically needed a place to stay while in between trips overseas. The rates are phenomenal and the hotel isn't shabby for the price. The hotel staff made me feel at home and always greeted me when I walked by the front desk. There are two employees in particular that really made a great impression on me(Ana and Paul). They are the type of employees companies should never take for granted as they are the front line employees most customers remember the most. Keep up the great work!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza. We are especially pleased that a frequent airline traveler like yourself felt welcomed by our staff and that we were your home away from home. I will forward your nice comments regarding our staff to our management team.
We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Dulles area.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at this property two days for a conference. What a fantastic place! Staff are beyond accommodating. The rooms are great, lots of space to get some work done, really spacious bathrooms and comfortable beds.

The business center is excellent with both windows and apple computers.

The banquet facilities were also very nice and the banquet staff were excellent.

Hats off to the management and staff of this hotel, all top notch!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your guest room as well as our banquet facilities and found them conducive for getting work done. We focus on providing excellent customer service, so are especially pleased to hear that our front desk staff made you feel that our hotel was your home away from home. I will forward your nice comments about Ana and Paul to our management team for recognition of them.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Dulles area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We used the Crowne Plaza for the third year in our annual planning meeting. The rooms were comfortable for traveling participants and the staff was extremely helpful in catering to our food and business needs (such as copies, projectors, etc.). I highly recommend this location and service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are especially happy to welcome back repeat customers, so are especially pleased that you enjoyed our hotel for a third year. I will forward your nice comments regarding our helpful banquet staff to our catering management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to the opportunity to host your next meeting.

Abingdon, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had one of the best stays ever at this hotel. From beginning at check in with the desk making me feel at home and welcomed. The room was fresh, clean and met with all my needs for my visit. I stayed here for 3 nights and had all my meals there at the hotel. After having my first dinner there at Houlihan’s the day I checked in, I decided this was not your normal hotel meal. The best steak cooked to perfection! The staff was so genuine with their service and took the extra step to make me feel welcomed will definitely make this my home away from whenever I’m in Herndon Virginia.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We believe that we have an excellent staff and love to hear when they exceed our customer's expectations and make you feel like our hotel is your home away from home! I will let our management team know that you enjoyed your meal in Houlihan's Restaurant. The Steak Salad is a personal favorite of mine that I can recommend you try on your next visit to our hotel.
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport.

cape canaveral, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport for a company meeting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel had a great fitness center and large indoor pool. The banquet rooms were perfect, food very tasty and staff did an awesome job accommodating all our needs. An excellent meeting at an excellent hotel! Will definitely be a return guest!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport hotel. We are happy that you had a great conference experience and enjoyed your guest room and the catered meals. I am especially pleased that you felt our staff was awesome and will forward your nice comments to our management team.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next trip to Herndon.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!