“Great Conference Venue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
new jersey
“Great Conference Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I attended a conference here during the first week in November 2013. Every last detail was attended to professionally from the early morning breakfast buffet to the savory lunches, and great mid-morning and afternoon breaks. There was ample space during breakouts. Parking was not an issue and there was both indoor and outdoor parking. The proximity to Dulles Airport is also a plus. It is immediately adjacent to the Dulles Tollway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff enjoys hosting many different conferences, and I will forward your nice comments regarding the catered meals to our food & beverage department. We are also glad that you found our location near Dulles Airport and the Dulles Toll Rd convenient.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at a future conference. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Plantation, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Some rooms are better than others (of course). This is solid choice as I have been travelling area on business for over 10 years. Staff is friendly and very competent - especially Mark W at front desk and drivers to airport. Houlihans restaurant is good. This is solid choice and while not over the top in luxury (it is moderately price), it is over the top in service.

Room Tip: Ask Mark what he has available.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide excellent service for all our guests, so we are especially pleased that you felt our staff was friendly and that their service was over the top. I will forward your nice comments regarding our guest service agent, Mike, to our management team so they can acknowledge his good work.
We love to welcome back return customers and look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next business trip to Herndon.
Westernport, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while he was in town for training for 26 nights. The hotel is very clean and well-kept; and we were impressed with the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, they worked hard to make us feel comfortable. We also liked the restaurant, it had an excellent menu, and the atmosphere was pleasant. Would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and at home, so we are so pleased that you enjoyed your long stay with us. I will forward your nice comments regarding our staff's friendliness and efficiency to our management team. We are also glad that you enjoyed our Houlihan's Restaurant. Our extensive menu selection and reasonable pricing options is popular with guests like yourselves who are away from home for an extended time.
We look forward to having you as a return guest during your next trip to Herndon. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The rooms are great with every comfort. Stayed with my 6 months old and all three of us slept in the super cozy king bed. I would not recommend the restaurant except the breakfast buffet. Overall all a descent hotel with everything accessible by walking or 5 mins drive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your king guestroom, as well as our Houlihan's breakfast buffet. Many guests find our convenient location next to shopping, a multiplex movie theatre and additional restaurant very helpful.
In early 2014 guests will have easier access to downtown Washington DC when the new Silver Line Reston metro station ( located just four miles from our hotel) opens. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Herndon area.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff is great, the property is well maintained, and the rooms are clean and modern. When I'm in the Northern Virginia area, this is the only hotel I stay at. The restaurant is great too! Fresh food, excellent service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room as well as our staff's service. Our Houlihan's Restaurant is known for its fresh fare and extensive menu, so I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience. I would like to recommend trying the Rustic Tomato Soup with grilled cheese fritters as well as our new Crispy Shrimp appetizer during your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles.

ft myers fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

staff is the best always friendly always caring always professional.
Jans and Mark and other employees always make me feel special
Thank You all since I come almost twice a month I feel like family.
The location is perfect for me because I go to the movie theater after
a long day and your staff always has the movie reviews ready for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We value every guest, and are especially pleased to welcome back return guests. Our focus is on providing great customer service, so are very happy to hear that our staff made you feel like family. I will forward your nice comments regarding our front desk agents to our management team.
Like yourself, many guests like our convenient location next door to shopping, restaurants and the AMC Multiplex movie theatre. Beginning early 2014 we will be only four miles from the new Reston-Wiehle Silver line metro station, which also will make for easy access to Washington D.C. attractions.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Herndon. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Menlo Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Admittedly, I only stayed one night here, so any of my experiences are not based on more than that, but I was a little disappointed with this hotel. More on that below.

First of all, the staff was great. Very friendly and helpful.

I got upgraded to a room in the tower building, which was nice. It was quiet and spacious, but the interior looked old. The carpet looked kind of smudgy, but I think that was more because of its style and age, not because it was actually dirty.

The bed was very comfortable though and the bathroom was spacious and complete.

The work desk was fine as well, but the office chair wasn't and is definitely up for replacement. The internet access was of average quality. The signal strength appeared to be fine, but I had a pretty slow connection.

The air conditioning was really terrible. The noise was unbearable, it was not very effective in cooling the room and the controls also didn't seem to function well. It was actually rather disappointing to see this ancient style airco unit under the window still being used in a Crowne Plaza hotel. Not at all what I expected from this brand. If I'd stayed longer I would have asked for an alternative.

The breakfast buffet had convenient extended opening hours, but I found it disappointing. It offered the usual choices like cereal, bagels, scrambled eggs, etc, but I found the quality to be so so. Again not up to the high standards I expect from a Crowne Plaza hotel.

The airport shuttle bus worked out well. There is a shuttle twice per hour so you need to plan for this, but the driver was very friendly and the airport is just a short drive away.

Overall not a bad stay, but I do hope the hotel management pays attention to several areas where they can do better and live up to the expectations that come with the Crowne Plaza brand.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom's bedding and bathroom. I will also forward your nice comments regarding our the friendliness of our front desk and transportation staff to our management team.
This year we recently added new bedding to all of our guestrooms, as well as new computers in the business center. We will continue to make improvements, and I will forward your suggestions to our management team for their review. I have also notified our maintenance team regarding the issue you had with the ac unit so that they can make any necessary repairs.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Herndon area.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!