“staff review at the Crown Plaza Hemdon” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“staff review at the Crown Plaza Hemdon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was was my first time in Dulles and this hotel. I was apprehensive at first but on entering the hotel, the smiling faces of the receptionist took the fear away. they went further to talk to me about the facilities in the hotel that can help me and the ares to visit to make my stay a very enjoyable. They did this with so much and willingness to assist. The environment very welcoming. The following staff were so courteous and efficient Mark, Ana and Paul. Services in general very good. I would recommend this hotel to my friends Juliet from London

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our services good and our staff so welcoming. Our goal is to make all our guests feel at home, so we are especially pleased when you are greeted by our smiling front desk agents.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again the next time you travel through the Dulles area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lilly, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This Hotel think about their Customers in everything they do. There is a floor totally for it's travelers, has snacks, coffee, etc. free of charge and the floor the people who are flying are on is a quiet zone. Could not ask for more
The beds are very comfortable and pillows are great.
I really enjoyed our time there, the only problem was I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. The floor you are referring to is our Club Level which provides access to our Club Lounge with complimentary snacks, beverages and weekday continental breakfast, as well as additional guest room amenities. We welcome all guests to consider upgrading to the Club level during your next visit.
We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the Herndon area.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a great stay here while on a business trip for training in Herndon. Hotel was located within convenient walking distance from the training facility I went to, but the hotel also offered a courtesy shuttle to and from the training site. The staff was fantastic, especially Mark, who advised me several times on dining locations in the area. He and the rest of the staff made me feel like I was at home: they greeted me every time I entered and never turned me down for a conversation. Wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I was automatically upgraded to the club level, and my room was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport hotel. We are so happy that you found our hotel a great place to stay and convenient for your business trip. Many guests take advantage of our courtesy shuttle to local office parks.
We feel that our employees truly make the difference for providing our guests with a great stay, so were pleased that they made you feel like you were at home. I will forward your nice comments regarding Mark and other staff members to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have stayed in Crown Plaza as a part of our travel from Dublin to Honolulu. We have decided to stay in this hotel based on few criteria free wifi, free breakfast and swimming pool.
We are very pleased with our choice. Very close to Dulles Airport, very helpful front desk along with all hotel staff.
We got child cot delivered to our room in no time, breakfast was served in restaurant adjoined to hotel, was plenty full and staff was very attentive.
Underground parking was very convenient. Hotel is located close-by several fast food chains and next door ro gasoline station where you can replenish drinks and snacks supplies.
Our two year old girl was bit let lagged waking us up at 3am, so from my own experience I can say that channel selection was pretty descent.

We will definitely stay in this branch of Crowne Plaza again!!
Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and breakfast in Houlihan's Restaurant, and also liked our convenient location to Dulles Airport and shopping.
We hope you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii and that we will have the opportunity to host you on your return trip home.

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Crowne Plazza Dulles several times before and after overseas trips and we consider this hotel and these folks the best of the best.
They - Mark, Ashley, and Patrick go above and beyond to make your stay the best.
Hats off to the rest of the staff I don't know but see the results.
Thanks Crowne Plazza Dulles!!
You folks ARE number one in our book!
Steve and Annie

Room Tip: Just ask - seriously - if you need a particular location or something extra - just ask.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport hotel. We always enjoy welcoming back return guests. Many guests like the convenience of our Park, Stay & Go package, providing 24-hr complimentary van shuttle to/ from Dulles Airport.
We are especially pleased when we hear that our staff provided great service to our guests.
I will forward your nice comments regarding our front desk agents to our management team.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip from Dulles Airport.

Columbus< NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

First of all everything was very nice from check in, thru checking out! The front desk staff was very friendly, each evening when I would come in, one of the staff (Paul) would greet me, and ask, "How was your day Mr. Owens" which I thought was nice, that they would remember their guest.

I had some concern since I used Hotwire, about what kind of room I would get, but at check in, Paul at the front desk was very accommodating to my need for a nonsmoking room, since I have allergies. The room was always cleaned and well kept. They have a restaurant on site, which was nice for when I came in late, to grab a quick bite before heading to my room.

I look forward to stay here again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, I preferred the room facing the front, (the first time I stayed in June), th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our front desk staff always enjoys welcoming return guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room as well as our Houlihan's Restaurant. With the cooler weather arriving, I would like to recommend trying our Down Home Pot Roast, Roasted Chicken or the Rustic tomato soup with grilled cheese fritters.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Herndon.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was well-placed and a decent location in which to stay and park for a vacation trip. The shuttle took me to and from the airport as expected. When I emailed the hotel to ask them a question, I received an email in return within 12 hours. The hotel shuttle was a little late picking me up at Dulles (10 minutes or so), and the driver immediately apologized, saying that the shuttle had been completely empty and he'd had to fill the tank up. When I returned to my car after 12 days, my front passenger tire was completely flat. I realized something sounded weird after driving 100 yards or so, and so did Paul, a hotel employee. He changed the tire to the spare for me and he called around to find a place who could replace my tire on a Sunday. He made a frustrating situation a lot less frustrating. I will stay here again, mostly because of the people and the customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and the complimentary van shuttle to & from Dulles Airport. Finding a flat tire upon your return trip is a frustrating way to end a trip, so we were very happy to learn that our employee Paul went above and beyond and helped you by changing your tire.
I will forward your nice comments to our management team. We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip from Dulles Airport.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!