“The best of the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Midlothian, Virginia
“The best of the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Crowne Plazza Dulles several times before and after overseas trips and we consider this hotel and these folks the best of the best.
They - Mark, Ashley, and Patrick go above and beyond to make your stay the best.
Hats off to the rest of the staff I don't know but see the results.
Thanks Crowne Plazza Dulles!!
You folks ARE number one in our book!
Steve and Annie

Room Tip: Just ask - seriously - if you need a particular location or something extra - just ask.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport hotel. We always enjoy welcoming back return guests. Many guests like the convenience of our Park, Stay & Go package, providing 24-hr complimentary van shuttle to/ from Dulles Airport.
We are especially pleased when we hear that our staff provided great service to our guests.
I will forward your nice comments regarding our front desk agents to our management team.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip from Dulles Airport.

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus< NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

First of all everything was very nice from check in, thru checking out! The front desk staff was very friendly, each evening when I would come in, one of the staff (Paul) would greet me, and ask, "How was your day Mr. Owens" which I thought was nice, that they would remember their guest.

I had some concern since I used Hotwire, about what kind of room I would get, but at check in, Paul at the front desk was very accommodating to my need for a nonsmoking room, since I have allergies. The room was always cleaned and well kept. They have a restaurant on site, which was nice for when I came in late, to grab a quick bite before heading to my room.

I look forward to stay here again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, I preferred the room facing the front, (the first time I stayed in June), th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our front desk staff always enjoys welcoming return guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room as well as our Houlihan's Restaurant. With the cooler weather arriving, I would like to recommend trying our Down Home Pot Roast, Roasted Chicken or the Rustic tomato soup with grilled cheese fritters.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Herndon.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was well-placed and a decent location in which to stay and park for a vacation trip. The shuttle took me to and from the airport as expected. When I emailed the hotel to ask them a question, I received an email in return within 12 hours. The hotel shuttle was a little late picking me up at Dulles (10 minutes or so), and the driver immediately apologized, saying that the shuttle had been completely empty and he'd had to fill the tank up. When I returned to my car after 12 days, my front passenger tire was completely flat. I realized something sounded weird after driving 100 yards or so, and so did Paul, a hotel employee. He changed the tire to the spare for me and he called around to find a place who could replace my tire on a Sunday. He made a frustrating situation a lot less frustrating. I will stay here again, mostly because of the people and the customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and the complimentary van shuttle to & from Dulles Airport. Finding a flat tire upon your return trip is a frustrating way to end a trip, so we were very happy to learn that our employee Paul went above and beyond and helped you by changing your tire.
I will forward your nice comments to our management team. We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip from Dulles Airport.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the CP Dulles and were very happy with all aspects of the stay. I have to give extra credit to this particular hotel as every employee we had contact with was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. That is the true measure for me these days, things can go wrong, situations can come up, but how does the staff interact with me and do they appear to enjoy what they do?

Immediately when we arrived at the curb for the shuttle at the airport, the driver was very engaging, tripping over himself to get our bags for us and truly a joy to talk with. (When we got to the hotel I felt bad because I had opened the door before he could get around to my side to do it for me. Actually, when I first got out and looked up I caught a glimpse of him sprinting around the van trying to get there before I could get it open, don't see that very often.)

When we entered the hotel we were greeted immediately by two extremely nice young ladies who went out of their way to help us with getting checked in. One of them, Ana (from the Philippines) proceeded to answer every question we had about traveling to the Philippines as we are considering a March trip there. She made several recommendations and was very helpful to us in getting detailed information we couldn't have gotten anywhere else. I can not say enough positives about the level of Customer Service at this property.

The property itself was very clean, not dated, probably not in the 5-Star category for amenities and level of the property, but for the typical rates I saw, very much an exceptional value for your dollar. Rooms in the Tower were roomy, well appointed, very clean,,,,and most importantly for my wife, have extremely comfortable beds. There are also some great food options in the are with everything from fast food right next door to sit down restaraunts across the street behind the Marriott. (Check out the Indian Supper Club, not a menu or experience you will get everywhere, but the food was excellent.)

To sum up, the staff is 5-Star, the hotel property is probably 4-Star at a 3-Star Price, and the area is 4-Star as well. We will be back.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Tower rooms, haven't been in any others, but maybe the Tower rooms are n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles hotel. Our hotel's focus is to provide excellent customer service, so we are especially pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. I will forward your nice comments regarding how helpful our van driver and guest service agent, Ana, were to our management team.
I am glad that you enjoyed the comfy bed. We also have just added new bedding and linens in all our guestrooms. Our convenient location is very popular with our guests. In addition to the great selection of menu items in our Houlihan's Restaurant, there are many additional dining options within walking distance. A favorite restaurant of mine that you may want to try on your next visit is Tur Cuisine, located across the street.
Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

After traveling on business for over 30 years, I seldom write a review, The facility is not unusual, But the people (every last one) are awesome. We were treated like royalty. Courtesy you seldom experience these days. I would not hesitate to stay there again and have already told many friends & associates about my experiences.
Nick P.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased that you found our staff awesome and providing a high level of courteousness. I agree with you that the customer service of an establishment is what makes for a great guest experience, so am happy that we provided that for you.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wanted to thank the staff at the hotel's restaurant for great service. Adelrahman (Egypt) and La (Vietnam) were very kind. I haven't seen genuine hospitality in a long time and wanted to say that you for your service. I would stay again on the basis that the hotel staff was friendly alone. Thanks for the outstanding service! Kind regards,
Princess

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide all our guests with excellent customer service, so we are especially pleased that two of our Houlihan's servers provided you with great service and hospitality.
I will forward your nice comments to our Houlihan's management team. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles.

Raytown, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I travel to the area on business about 1 week per month, and for over 4 years now this is the place I call home while I'm here. The rooms are always very clean, the bed is comfortable, the location convenient, and the customer service is always exceptional! I travel a lot, and if all other things are equal, the thing that keeps me coming back to a hotel is customer service. At the Crowne Plaze-Herndon, they make me feel like a special guest. I really want to highlight one of the front desk staff, Mr. Edin Navarro, who for 4 years now acknowledges me by name as I enter the front doors,and anytime he sees me inside the property. When I see Edin at the front desk upon check in, I know I'll receive exceptional service. It's folks like him that keep me coming back to the CP. David, thanks to you for hiring great people, and great job promoting Edin- I noticed his name on the Desk Manager placard last time I checked in. If you hire and create more staff like him--people will keep coming back, Thanks for always making me feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stays at our Crowne Plaza Dulles. We value returning guests and are glad that you enjoy your guest room as well as our convenient location.
We are especially happy when we hear that a member of our staff provides excellent service. We have recently promoted Edin at the front desk because of his consistent focus on helping our guests.
I will forward your nice comments regarding Edin to our management team. We look forward to having you stay again during your next visit to the Herndon/ Dulles area.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!